Got my new SUPERSPLIT J model and not impressed. Am I doing something wrong?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So D.... how’s your new toy, did you file the holes?
I never got to it. Just bolted on one side and gave it a ride yesterday.
I'm ecstatic about it. My boring chore became a sport. This thing is fast and works as intended. I split everything I came around, and I was looking for knotty and challenging pieces. You have to think about how to position wood and pay attention. Much better than Rapid Fire knockout I tried before. Some pieces you have to reposition and hit several times. But it really not worth it as the just not useful anyway becoming "uglies"

But where did he learn that from? It's not like we are born with these types of skills and coping methods. Honestly though, tell me where the government interferes with child raising. Maybe schools have regulations and rules, but if you don't like them, be responsible and home school your child.

If you get a puppy that grows up into a dog that bites strangers, who's fault is that? It's the same thing with humans. Raise them to be assholes and they will be assholes.
They learn it from others in the same situation or the internet
The problem is the kids nowadays know that you can't do anything to them.They even threaten parents with calling child protection.
Or use it as a weapon,a kid phones the authorities and spins a convincing story...
Who are they going to believe?
You can discipline a puppy,you can't do that with kids anymore,at least without opening yourself to investigation if said kid decides their feelers have been hurt.
I see it all the time.

Reactions: D8Chumley
They learn it from others in the same situation or the internet
The problem is the kids nowadays know that you can't do anything to them.They even threaten parents with calling child protection.
Or use it as a weapon,a kid phones the authorities and spins a convincing story...
Who are they going to believe?
You can discipline a puppy,you can't do that with kids anymore,at least without opening yourself to investigation if said kid decides their feelers have been hurt.
I see it all the time.
So where did those kids learn it? It all comes from somewhere. If your kids don't respect you enough to call the authorities over discipline then maybe there is a bigger problem at hand. I also disagree with physical punishment as it just raises kids to be mean. We don't hit our dogs either for that matter.

Seems like everything we get online today gets delivered looking like it was in the middle of a gang fight. Don't matter who the delivering carrier is, everything is beat up. Just got a 200 foot industrial extension cord from Global, shipped UPS and the box was destroyed when it came. So bad the carrier had to re-tape it to keep the contents from falling out.

I think carriers play toss the package Bingo with the stuff.

So D.... how’s your new toy, did you file the holes?
OK, finally got to do it. Got a 3/8 file and did it. Took some time, but went OK.

That’s annoying, I’d be pissed. I’d want someone at my house to explain this. If it was second hand that would be acceptable. I don’t do social media how about posting up something on the Facebook about this. Also can you leave a comment or horrible review.

bashing people or companies before they have a chance to get an issue fixed is just wrong. is it a bummer.. yes.. but give someone a chance to get it fixed..

Seems like everything we get online today gets delivered looking like it was in the middle of a gang fight. Don't matter who the delivering carrier is, everything is beat up. Just got a 200 foot industrial extension cord from Global, shipped UPS and the box was destroyed when it came. So bad the carrier had to re-tape it to keep the contents from falling out.

I think carriers play toss the package Bingo with the stuff.
I agree with you.. I got 6 snow blowers delivered mid December and man did they mess up my stuff.. called the manufacturer and they looked at the pictures and made good on everything..

Just give that RS mounting tab a hit with a hammer and call it done. Easy Peasy.
I file the holes and got it fitted. But still not sure that table is where it intended to be. I raised over beam a quarter of inch or so, wondering if they were making changes and screwed up. I had an impression it has to be even with beam. Bad LP, can you do me a favor and see if your beam is level with the table, please. Attaching pictures, hard to see but still.

Just give that RS mounting tab a hit with a hammer and call it done. Easy Peasy.
I file the holes and got it fitted. But still not sure that table is where it intended to be. It raised over beam a quarter of an inch or so, wondering if they were making changes and screwed up. I had an impression it has to be even with the beam. Bad LP, can you do me a favor and see if your beam is level with the table, please. Attaching pictures, hard to see but still.

381CD80E-B29E-4953-BBA8-31C8D8F33C79.png DDB99542-B71E-4F55-B73E-3547487DA9EA.png

Flush and maybe 1/16” low on exit. image.jpgimage.jpg

Thank you. I think they made a mistake when changing things. My table is up and I see the potential of small pieces hitting that leap after the blade.
Here is the response from the owner in regards to holes. The messed not only holes, I assume. What do you think?
My apologies for the misaligned holes. That was my fault.

I made a new jig to weld the tables on our welding robot and didn’t account for all the variables on the first batch of tables that went through.

We are slotting the holes on the table with a 3/8” round file. Another option is to clamp the table in place with a vice grip and use a 3/8 drill to ream them out.

The front holes can be spread slightly if the misalignment isn’t too bad but the four holes under the wedge are not going to budge and will need to be slotted or reamed.

Last edited:
Didn't he offer to send you a new table?

Didn't he offer to send you a new table?
"If you are not equipped or inclined to do what it takes to install the table then I will take come to you and do the work myself. Again I apologize for the error and take full responsibility for it."

That what he said.

I'm probably going to ask for a new one. $300 is a hefty price for the equipment with that many flaws. If holes are a relatively easy fix, misaligning table with the beam is not fixable. I don't want small pieces of wood to bump into this 1/4 inch raise.

This is annoying, I spent my time trying to get the table mounted on, had to email the and ask the community if I'm an idiot that can't put together " American made" equipment. Had to fix those holes. Now, this.

I think you're being more than fair - $3100? If I were the mfg, I wouldn't want my name on it, especially if they're only 1-2hrs away. This won't last 5 hours before it's torn out.
1610396775198.png

I think you're being more than fair - $3100? If I were the mfg, I wouldn't want my name on it, especially if they're only 1-2hrs away. This won't last 5 hours before it's torn out.
View attachment 271718
What the heck would tear out a hole on a splitter table?

What the heck would tear out a hole on a splitter table?
About 5 hours of use, judging from the vibration seen in another post.

To bad none of the good people over at super split pay attention to a forum dedicated to burning firewood. You’d think one of them would stumble across this site. They offered to fix it, invite them over.

My kids are 23 and 20, they still talk about the very few times they pushed my buttons enough to get “swatted”. They don’t argue that they didn’t deserve it either. I always told them you don’t get in trouble by doing the right thing. Let that sink in lol. Another one frequently used, “if you’re gonna be dumb, you better be tough”. Glad we are at a point they are appreciative of some of life’s lessons