Got the Oslo installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eager to hear the follow up . . . as others have mentioned . . . you shouldn't be able to see out of anything in the stove . . . other than through the front "glass."

I notice a change in burn characteristics when I burn wood from the top of the pile vs. the middle or even a layer down. Its well seasoned but we had a humid fall and early winter so I'm sure there is more moisture present inside the stack than on the outsides. It cooks out fast but will stall the stove if shut down as fast as the really good dry wood. Could you have hit a patch of extra dry wood during your burn in?

Here is a short video of the light test in the front left corner to show the hole. Its not easy to record and hold the flashlight in the right place while in the dark.

Before anyone asks, the one small piece of burning kindling was me making an attempt at having smoke roll in thru the hole for the camera. Then realized i didnt have anything to really make smoke except for a match. So i went with a light test instead.

Ill post the back right corner video in a bit.

Last edited:
I just got home from the dealer. They gave me a tub of furnace cement and told me to fill the two spots for now. They are getting a hold of Jotul to see how to proceed. I told them if the fix is to just re cement the area, i want it documented that that is how Jotul wants it handled. So if i have issues in the future, this was their solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.