Got the Vaccine

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Update,

In the spirit of honesty. I’m 24hrs past my second shot now. Arm hurt like hell last night, worse than the first shot. Pretty sure I had a low grade fever and felt generally like I was hungover. Got up at 5am and felt drained. Slept till 9 and got around to work. I unloaded and stacked the Locust I cut and split yesterday. Eating some lunch and I fell pretty much normal.

I had to force my run yesterday evening. 3 1/2 miles that were hell. Skipped the run this morning and didn’t even try. I’ll get out tonight and see how it goes.

Don’t shy away because of the side effects. They are not too bad.
You're not the first person or report I've heard about the second shot after effects . . . but as you said . . . sure beats being laid out in bed for several days, losing your sense of taste (one of our Fire Inspectors who ended up with Covid 19 still has no sense of taste a month after being sick) or . . . of course . . . death.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
First shot was Jan 9th, like everyone else no issues other then slight soreness near the injection site, second shot scheduled for Feb 6th. I guess my only real issue here is wanting to know how fast this virus morphs on itself, unless I'm really dumb, my logic is the using the flu as an example, normally the flu is broken into say an A,B, &C strain, then a logical guess is taken to see which strain will be the strongest and a vaccine is made off of that, no one can say for sure if this virus can morph into a different stain to keep itself going, I hope it doesnt but hearing the news of different strains and different intensities isn't comforting either.

Medic21

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2017
Northern Indiana
First shot was Jan 9th, like everyone else no issues other then slight soreness near the injection site, second shot scheduled for Feb 6th. I guess my only real issue here is wanting to know how fast this virus morphs on itself, unless I'm really dumb, my logic is the using the flu as an example, normally the flu is broken into say an A,B, &C strain, then a logical guess is taken to see which strain will be the strongest and a vaccine is made off of that, no one can say for sure if this virus can morph into a different stain to keep itself going, I hope it doesnt but hearing the news of different strains and different intensities isn't comforting either.
While all Viruses mutate the mutations of Coronaviruses are exponentially slower than say the flu. The mutations so far have only affected how contagious the virus is. Remember, a virus is a parasite and will adapt as our bodies adapt to it.

Thete is no evidence or belief in the medical field that any mutation of the virus will occur to render the vaccine ineffective at this time. Not saying in the distant future that won’t happen but, for now it’s good.

Reactions: stoveliker