Got the Vaccine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I got our second Pfizer shots today. No side effects so far. I didn't even feel the needle and had to ask the nurse if she had actually given me the shot.
When I got home this afternoon I felt fine so I went out in the garage and took the snow tires off my wife's car and put the summer tires on.

I read yesterday that they have noted that seniors develop more antibodies if the second Pfizer shot is delayed 12 weeks. I think this is SOP in Canada, but not in the US yet. We are expecting to be getting a booster shot in the fall.

My 13 year old got her 1st yesterday. We leave for Texas June 8 so she'll get her 2nd a few days before we leave.

She's ok other than a sore arm and being tired but she was also up until 2 last night with her friends chatting after they went to a dance so...

So today I did have some mild effects. Fatigue, sore arm, general achiness.

I had hoped to change the oil in my lawn tractor and zero turn mower today, but after I got done with the tractor, I decided to take it easy the rest of the day.

My wife had no effects at all today.

Second dose of moderna last Sunday. Tuesday I slept. Way more than normal. Odd that I'm not up late, up early. Zapped. By Thursday back to normal. Kept thinking, if this is mild, what is covid like, don't want to know.

Looks like we lost a post. :cool:

Getting the flu shot next month at my annual physical. Recently saw a commercial for Prevnar (pneumonia vaccine). Was going too ask my physician about it. Already had two shingles shots and two COVID shots earlier this year.

I'm turning into a pin cushion. :)

The new pneumonia vaccine is reportedly far more effective than the prior version to the point that many doctors recommend getting one of the new ones even if you had the prior shot. Things like shingles and pneumonia are both miserable things for elderly folks to get (I am 61 so starting to resemble the "elderly" comment ;). Both my parents had shingles, the VA gave my dad a case of pain patches, when he check into the assisted nursing home with my mom they informed him that he had more patches than they had in whole unit. Luckily my mom didn't have it as bad. \

My flu shot may be coming up later this week. No way do I want to go near a doctor this winter with Covid around.

Reactions: vinny11950
Same with Shingles. I'll be 63 in a a few weeks. Two-shot Shingrex is recommended even if one received the prior, single-dose vaccine. MIL and a friend have had shingles. The friend has had it a couple of times. Didn't know it can be recurring. I know I do not want to get shingles based on their experience.

Same with Shingles. I'll be 63 in a a few weeks. Two-shot Shingrex is recommended even if one received the prior, single-dose vaccine. MIL and a friend have had shingles. The friend has had it a couple of times. Didn't know it can be recurring. I know I do not want to get shingles based on their experience.
I'll be getting Shingrax #1 on Friday.

Reactions: PaulOinMA
Thr friend that had it twice couldn't sleep. He didn't have a bad rash. Lots of nerve pain, though. Couldn't find a position that was comfortable to sleep.

I am also on a car site. We old guys on there started discussing shingles and a commonality is how bad shingles is. Several of the guys had it, and several of us know people that have had it. A positive in the COVID forum on that car site is that several folks are getting the shingles vaccine.

We have had two discussions on shingles in that COVID forum. There was one earlier in the year, and it was recently mentioned again. It's driving folks to get the shingles vaccine.

My MIL had a bad rash. As mentioned, a friend had it twice with bad nerve pain.

My SIL almost lost her sight to shingles. It's not to be ignored.

Wow. Hadn't heard that as a possibility.

Pneumonia vaccine yesterday during my annual physical. Flu shot last week when I did the bloodwork. That makes six shots this year! :)

make sure you don't deflate from all the holes ;-)

Reactions: PaulOinMA
Second dose of moderna last Sunday. Tuesday I slept. Way more than normal. Odd that I'm not up late, up early. Zapped. By Thursday back to normal. Kept thinking, if this is mild, what is covid like, don't want to know.
I can tell you everyone’s experience is slightly different between the asymptomatic cases, mild, moderate, and severe etc. I can tell you personally, that for me it was pretty mild, and the tail end was not fun (hypoxia). But I will say I don’t want to know what it would have been like unvaccinated.

Just received a text message that I’m eligible for the booster shot (56 with no underlying health conditions ) from the local pharmacy where I got the shots back in March/April . I didn’t think I would be eligible already but I’ll get it next week

I be boosted.

My wife too, yesterday

Screenshot_20211030-111528_Google.jpg

Wife and I have been double vaxed with Pfizer. Not eligible for booster until January (six month wait since last shot).

Wife and I have been double vaxed with Pfizer. Not eligible for booster until January (six month wait since last shot
Same here but have to wait till Feb for booster

Reactions: rottiman
Status
Not open for further replies.