Grandma Bear Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GrandmaBearUser

Sep 1, 2018
Spfld, OR
I am new to any forum. I am a Grandma Fisher user and a piece fell out while we were cleaning it. We don't know what it is or how to fix/replace it.

Attachments

• Grandma Bear part_01.JPG
    Grandma Bear part_01.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Grandma Bear part_other side.JPG
    Grandma Bear part_other side.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 271
I am new to any forum. I am a Grandma Fisher user and a piece fell out while we were cleaning it. We don't know what it is or how to fix/replace it.
I'm not sure which Grandma model you have, but that is not a factory part. Depending on its size, it could be a homemade baffle plate?

And welcome to the Forum ! Being from Springfield, you probably have one of Bob's stoves from his own fabrication shop, so you could have any number of trial and error pieces in a stove from there, including one that his father Baxter modified if it is an early one.

I'm not sure which Grandma model you have, but that is not a factory part. Depending on its size, it could be a homemade baffle plate?

And welcome to the Forum ! Being from Springfield, you probably have one of Bob's stoves from his own fabrication shop, so you could have any number of trial and error pieces in a stove from there, including one that his father Baxter modified if it is an early one.

We bought the stove in the late 1970s, perhaps very early 1980s, here in Springfield.It's worked so very well and we want to continue using it if it's cold. the top works well to heat water if we want. In ice storms or power outages, we've cooked on it.