Great wood drying conditions here in Eastern PA. but we need rain....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA. Woodsman

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2007
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Well above average temps and windy, sunny days here in Eastern PA. which has the wood drying nicely but we need rain....the grass looks like it does in late July or early August.

But so far the wood is drying quite nicely! But that could change in an instant around here....

I have so many bugs around here ill take the above avg temps and wind over rain any day... But that might be because i always seem to get all the scatered showers they never miss me... And im in eastern pa as well

You should see the rain that I am not enjoying in a couple of days.

You should see the rain that I am not enjoying in a couple of days.

Yes, that's what they are telling us! We need it not only for the grass but hopefully to knock the pollen count down as this year is really bad for allergies, more so than other years which ALL have been bad! People like my wife and others are bothered this year and they never had problems before!

Yes, that's what they are telling us! We need it not only for the grass but hopefully to knock the pollen count down as this year is really bad for allergies, more so than other years which ALL have been bad! People like my wife and others are bothered this year and they never had problems before!
Im fine with some rain as long as it dies fast... Last few years i cant go out to cut the grass and not get bit up by those blood suckers... They have been horrible... So far with the drier weather they havnt been as bad until dark and even then i would say numbers are. Cut in half

It's the same here in Lancaster. Very very dry. As you said, the wood is drying nicely, but my garden and grass are struggling.

Same here. We've only gotten 1/4" since May 1.

8' of snow in February and a quarter inch of rain in May. [emoji19] [emoji19]

Dry here too. We're something like 4 to 5 inches below normal.
Have only cut the lawn once so far.

Same in CT. I'm biting the dust when "mowing" whatever grass I have.

The forecast isn't very promising either. Maybe this will be the ultimate wood drying year.

The irrigation is running on the farms here of the eastern shore of md already... exceptionally early.

However... from a guy who lives in the swamp... the skeeters aren't near as bad, nor are the ticks, so I kinda like it being a bit dry for a change.

I went scrounging yesterday in some thick but typically wet swampy woods, didn't have one tick... 3 weeks ago turkey hunting I called it quits after about 10 minutes because there was about 50k skeeters and I had about 20 ticks on me in no time....

You fine folks stole my snow this past winter, I'm returning the favor by thugging your rain.

I'm loving this 4+" of rain we've had this May.

I've yet to turn on my sprinkling system, my garden is thriving and my allergies are a non issue.

Not even concerned with wood drying or not drying. I've got 3 years CSS wood waiting for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.