Guesstimate for number of cords...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GeoFire

Oct 21, 2018
DC
I'm started to worry if my neighbors will start complaining but I can't deal with dump truck deliveries of unseasoned wood lol

Stacking it up!

20200407_095854.jpg

Hopefully you live in a neighborhood where there's at least one other neighbor who's a wood burner!

That's a nice haul! I get wood dropped off at my house by local tree companies in log form, everything from 2 ft logs to big guys over 10 ft long and of various sizes. After bucking they get rolled into the backyard and once everything is bucked I can start cutting. 95% of what I cut is done by hand and whatever the axes and mauls don't get goes into the splitter pile. My wood shed is along the back part of my back yard and makes a nice fence between me and the neighbor behind me :) Two neighbors across the street also burn wood so my wood cutting is nothing out of the ordinary for the neighborhood and they own splitters too so the wood cutting lifestyle and associated noise is acceptable in my neighborhood.

3.75 cords, total. ==c

Best looking fence I've seen in quite a while.

Hope you dont have youngsters who like adventure? Looks a bit sketchy safety wise.

Hope you dont have youngsters who like adventure? Looks a bit sketchy safety wise.
I appreciate the concern. No I dont have any kids. However it is surprisingly stable. I've 8bly been able to build it by climbing up the side. I used to rock climb...and it feels like I'm bouldering as I stack it up and sure it up in random gaps. It's crazy how stable it is. We had 50 mph winds today
..trees blowing down across roads...I was up top loading up my HH feeling like I was on Noah's Rocket Ship. Beer on the deck waiting for me too.

it is surprisingly stable. I've 8bly been able to build it by climbing up the side. I used to rock climb
No problem seeing what's going on in the neighbors' yards, if you wanted to, fence or no fence. ;)