Hammered with snow (need a generator)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
He said the lose knot is better at stopping it than the proctor.

Well, I have to say that is a new one on me. I didn't know that electricity slowed down in the corners. :lol:

The only way that would help is if it burned the wire at that point (point of knot) and that would only happen if it was shorting to something else (which raises a whole different set of concerns).

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
He said the lose knot is better at stopping it than the proctor.

Well, I have to say that is a new one on me. I didn't know that electricity slowed down in the corners. :lol:

The only way that would help is if it burned the wire at that point (point of knot) and that would only happen if it was shorting to something else (which raises a whole different set of concerns).

Thats exactly what happens and slows the surge down just enough to pop the protector. Other wise the strike is to fast to trip it. This is from my brother thats work for Senco for over 30 years. I just listen some of the times.

smokinjay said:
Thats exactly what happens and slows the surge down just enough to pop the protector.

Nuah aaaaah. Tricity don't work that way. You sure he wasn't yanking your chain? ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.