Harman Absolute 43 or Blaze King Ashford 20.2?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a wood and pellet stove. I can walk into my room with the pellet stove and the air may be warm but many times the furniture is still very cool, the wood stove soaks everything with heat. I'm getting up in years and if I had to pick one, pellets, if I was 30 and had to pick one, wood.
That depends on what pellet stove you have, and what settings you put it on. If you don't have a big enough stove, or if you're set on auto-ignition where the stove turns itself on and off, then yes, it wouldn't warm up the furniture like a wood stove.

If you have a big enough stove and set it to a constant burn, or manual ignition, it'll get hot and stay hot just like a good old fashioned wood stove.

Reactions: Highbeam and johneh