Harman Advance 2 Noise - Auger?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tyguy

Oct 2, 2018
Orland, Maine
Hi All,

New to the forum, although I swear I had an account here a number of years ago when I was burning coal, oh well happy to be here!

Just picked up a nice Harman Advance 2 last weekend. Finally got around to cleaning and vacuuming it all out per the Harman maintenance video.

Well silly me, when I was going to buy the stove I only turned it on and heard the blower motor kick on and assumed all was well. I didn't realize until I got home that there is a test mode to test functionality on all the components at once. After the cleaning I fired it up on test mode and heard a pretty bad whining sound. I am thinking it is the auger itself rubbing or perhaps the auger motor? I am planning on removing the auger to clean it all out as well as the chamber to see if there is any carbon that may be causing rubbing issues / noise.

My apologies if this has been covered already, but I have not been able to find any video or anyone describe this sort of noise. I mostly heard the super high pitch squeal sound when I was doing my research.

Anyways here is the video I uploaded to youtube just now.

Thanks for any help you can give!

-Tyler