Harman air in, vent out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HarmanNewbie

Feb 15, 2023
Arkansas
Please excuse me if this is the wrong place, but this is my first forum. I am installing a, new to me, Harman Accetra into a fireplace with existing chimney. I am installing a
3” OAK up the chimney, along with the 4” vent pipe. I would like to know what some of you are doing about having the intake and exhaust out the chimney. DYI, Duravant, Etc, etc… any ideas would be appreciated.

In my case my Accentra insert is connected to a 6” SS liner. I don’t have an OAK, but I have a clean-out at the back of the brick firebox, behind the stove. I replaced the removable plate that gave access to the clean-out on the outside of the chimney, with a plastic grill. This allows fresh air to enter at the rear of the stove. I know it’s not what a lot of others would recommend but it seems to work well for my set up.

Reactions: Paulinator