Harman P43 shuts right off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cristiansmom

Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
Our new p43 was installed last year. I turned it off today to clean the window and empty pan. Went to turn back and the power light comes on and blower for 5 seconds and shuts right off. No blinking lights.... Anyone have a guess???

Our new p43 was installed last year. I turned it off today to clean the window and empty pan. Went to turn back and the power light comes on and blower for 5 seconds and shuts right off. No blinking lights.... Anyone have a guess???
Sounds like it went thru test mode and wasnt calling for heat. Do it again but turn temp dial up to 75 1st and see what happens.

Reactions: cristiansmom
If none of the above works (which I'm guessing one will), then check to make sure all the doors are firmly closed and latched. I've been the queen of not putting things back together right this year, causing my own issues with stoves. One would think this is my first year burning instead of my 7th :)

If none of the above works (which I'm guessing one will), then check to make sure all the doors are firmly closed and latched. I've been the queen of not putting things back together right this year, causing my own issues with stoves. One would think this is my first year burning instead of my 7th :)
happens to all of us.. 8 yrs and still do something dumb..!!