Harman P61-2 Circuit Board comes alive when mode knob is set to off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Has anyone heard the combustion fan go on and off along with the LED when the stove is set to off?
The Status light also goes on and off! @##@@##!!

This is a manual light P61-2 stove with the recessed ash door.

Kinda SPOOKY!

See video

Last edited:
Yep. It's a common problem with the potentiometers on the Harman board. I replaced the pots on my board over the summer which solved the problem. It's a $10 part available on ebay if you know how to desolder/solder a printed circuit board. Otherwise it's a board replacement which costs alot more.

You might want to try using a can of air and blowing it out. You may get lucky but the problem will likely return.

jackman post: 1612276 said:
Yep. It's a common problem with the potentiometers on the Harman board. I replaced the pots on my board over the summer which solved the problem. It's a $10 part available on ebay if you know how to desolder/solder a printed circuit board. Otherwise it's a board replacement which costs alot more.

You might want to try using a can of air and blowing it out. You may get lucky but the problem will likely return.

Thanks, that is good to know. The stove has the burn pot with the bolts to hold the ignitor cradle and the Yellow and blue Ignitor wires, so upgrading to an automatic board makes it easier to convert it to auto light in the future.

I agree the only two things that I can think of that would do that is a bad pot. or the esp/board reading of the esp. even in the off position is the esp read over 90 degrees F the combustion fan will come on. if you had the Harman board reading tool you could watch what the board "thought" was going on

Yes, I agree, the stove was stone cold so it could not have been over 90 Degrees. I pulled the ESP probe and it was covered with corrosion, so I pulled out the wire wheel and got it shinny clean. That actually helped alot because the room fan was going on and off too before I did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.