harman p61a noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outerlimits

Nov 25, 2010
West MI
I just bought a new stove and it is making some noise. Is it normal to hear noise from the pellets dropping into the auger area every time the auger turns on?
Thanks

Outerlimits said:
I just bought a new stove and it is making some noise. Is it normal to hear noise from the pellets dropping into the auger area every time the auger turns on?
Thanks

I noticed the same thing. Almost sounded like what they describe a top feeder to sound like. I am curious to find out if this is normal also.

GooGoo said:
Yes, this is normal. Makes a clinking noise as the pellets drop from the hopper into the auger feed. Then the auger pushes them up into the burn pot.

Yep ^ what he said. Sometimes if the pellets are a bit too long you will also hear the auger make a grinding noise. I've found some pellets are "quieter" than others. Have Fun, that's a nice stove you have!

Clinking noise of pellets dropping is "normal". Also "clunk" and "grinding" from long pellets. Sorry this is the norm. I never heard these in the show room. For me its annoying, others don't care........

Status
Not open for further replies.