Harmen Accentra Insert with or without OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Accentra Insert and did not have an OAK installed when I had the stove installed. My house is insulated pretty good but the windows are crap and I get alot of drafts in the house when the stove is cranking. you feel a cold draft going towards the stove when the weather drops below 30. I am going to Install an oak over the summer. My stove has a zero clearance box. So the install is different then someones that is in a fire place. I am aslo going to use the Selkirk DT to only have 1 penetration through my roof. and get the advantage of heating the incoming air. Just wish I did some more research before I had my stove installed and had the oak installed when the stove was installed

I noticed a difference when I added my OAK before it I had hot and cold spots now have a much more uniform heat gradient. Didn't make any difference in the burn.

Scott installed mine about a week ago and I do notice a big difference in the stability of the temperature and I now have no cold draft along the floor.

Well worth doing in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.