Hearth Install Pics *stove pics added* 10/22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fossil said:
First time I've ever heard of that stove. Had to go and check out the specs from Heatilator. Dang, I can't think of another woodstove with such tight CTC's. It looks to me like a no-nonsense heating machine...but then, I'm kinda partial to steel stoves. :) Looking forward to reading about how it performs for you. Rick

ETA: Love the tile.

I never heard of them either until I went to the dealer and saw them. They are made by quadrafire many of the internals are the same as the millenimum 4300. I just love the simplicity of design and hopefully that will change over to ease of use. I know it wont be like running a cat stove where you set it and forget it but it should be pretty straight forward.

bsj425 said:
fossil said:
First time I've ever heard of that stove. Had to go and check out the specs from Heatilator. Dang, I can't think of another woodstove with such tight CTC's. It looks to me like a no-nonsense heating machine...but then, I'm kinda partial to steel stoves. :) Looking forward to reading about how it performs for you. Rick

I never heard of them either until I went to the dealer and saw them. They are made by quadrafire many of the internals are the same as the millenimum 4300. I just love the simplicity of design and hopefully that will change over to ease of use. I know it wont be like running a cat stove where you set it and forget it but it should be pretty straight forward.

I looked at the website too and that's a nice looking stove with good numbers.. Good luck!

Ray

bsj425 said:
fossil said:

Yep, it looks like a 4300 without the ACC. which makes it even simpler. That stove has the closest corner clearances on the market I think at 2".

They had it next to a 4300 on the floor and from looks alone the only difference you can see was the door on the 4300 is rounded on top and the ws22 is squared. And of course the different badge on the pedestal.

bsj425 said:
They had it next to a 4300 on the floor and from looks alone the only difference you can see was the door on the 4300 is rounded on top and the ws22 is squared. And of course the different badge on the pedestal.

BSJ if you don't mind me asking, how much does that stove sell for? I figure Alaska will be higher just good to know the price point for comparison purposes..

Thanx,
Ray

I paid 1850. I have seen them online in the lower 48 listed at around 1300-1400 I also got the last one they had so I got little bit off it was listed just under 2k .

bsj425 said:
these are the tiles we have

DSC00070.jpg

Very nice!...as soon as I get my new computer loaded with pics of mine I will share them too...we used a brazilian slate, more of a gray slate....with natural stone veneer from the mountain above our house...in fact I did that same stone on my fireplace and the entire foundation of the house, along with the front porch wall and the front of the garage.....all hand picked stone basically from our backyard.....I love those natural colors!!...that looks fantastic!

raybonz said:
Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:
The hearth is coming along nicely! Man I can't imagine it being that cold with snow already! My hearth tiles are made to look like rusty metal and your cad pic is similar.. I really love the shades in these tiles and got them dirt cheap.. Look forward to seeing the hearth tiled and grouted..

Ray

I'm with Ray, I love those rusty colors, that is gonna look great....yer doing a nice job, that stove will be a centerpiece.....BTW I am jealous, wish we had snow like that here in PA....I'm startin to get the snowmobile bug......can't wait to get mine out this winter!!

This is the hearth I built this summer.. I got the 6x6 porcelain tiles for 25 cents each on clearance so $1.00 per sq. ft (originally $9.99 per sq. ft.)..

Ray

Ray that looks great....I am a huge fan of the stone/tile.....I'll put picks of mine up as soon as I get them on my new computer here....having some technical difficulties with a new SD card I bought.....lol....fantastic job on your hearth!!

Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:
Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:
The hearth is coming along nicely! Man I can't imagine it being that cold with snow already! My hearth tiles are made to look like rusty metal and your cad pic is similar.. I really love the shades in these tiles and got them dirt cheap.. Look forward to seeing the hearth tiled and grouted..

Ray

I'm with Ray, I love those rusty colors, that is gonna look great....yer doing a nice job, that stove will be a centerpiece.....BTW I am jealous, wish we had snow like that here in PA....I'm startin to get the snowmobile bug......can't wait to get mine out this winter!!

This is the hearth I built this summer.. I got the 6x6 porcelain tiles for 25 cents each on clearance so $1.00 per sq. ft (originally $9.99 per sq. ft.)..

Ray

Ray that looks great....I am a huge fan of the stone/tile.....I'll put picks of mine up as soon as I get them on my new computer here....having some technical difficulties with a new SD card I bought.....lol....fantastic job on your hearth!!

Thanx Scott! I had posted those pics here before just wanted to show the similarities of the 2 tiles.. I have enough tile left to do 3 more hearths just no place to add them.. As for the SD card my camera I've had a few years and those big SD cards will not work in that camera, this could be your problem you may need a standard SD card..

Ray

fossil said:
First time I've ever heard of that stove....It looks to me like a no-nonsense heating machine...

Yep, I had the same reaction. There is something quietly comforting about a plain clothes, hard working stove sitting in the corner doing its thing. MAN those are close CTC numbers.

raybonz said:
Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:
Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:

Ray

Ray

Thanx Scott! I had posted those pics here before just wanted to show the similarities of the 2 tiles.. I have enough tile left to do 3 more hearths just no place to add them.. As for the SD card my camera I've had a few years and those big SD cards will not work in that camera, this could be your problem you may need a standard SD card..

Ray

finally got some pics off of our camera onto this new computer...guess I just have to get used to this new Windows 7....anyway here's our kitchen hearth, with our Napoleon 1900p....still working on the living room NZ3000, will post pics as soon as I get it in.....

Attachments

• 100_2879.jpg
    100_2879.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 402
Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:
Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:
Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz" date="1319295288 said:

Ray

Ray

Ray

finally got some pics off of our camera onto this new computer...guess I just have to get used to this new Windows 7....anyway here's our kitchen hearth, with our Napoleon 1900p....still working on the living room NZ3000, will post pics as soon as I get it in.....

Very nice looking unique hearth! Any stove would look at home on your hearth!

Congrats,
Ray

Little update got the tile finished up. Today would of gotten it finished on sunday but got called in to work AGAIN for overtime. ( not complaining double time is always nice) Still need to grout then I will attach the trim. Tile job turned out ok I guess. This was my first tile job ever so hope I did everything right not that there is much to screw up. Somewhere along the line I either started drifting slightly or my platform isnt perfectly square. So of course I get to the last row and there is about an inch gap. So had to cut little filler pieces. Hopefully it wont look as bad when there is grout and the stove parked on top. My wife keeps telling me it looks fine but I am pretty sure she is trying to be nice since she knows I am not too thrilled with my tile job, I tend to be a perfectionist so when it didnt pan out how it did when I dry fitted them and traced them on I was a little upset but I am sure I will get over it once it is grouted nd the stove is in.

I wouldn't worry about perfect, only you will know & anyone looking that close is ready to buy.
Great post & great pictures.
Awesome..
Hurry first chance you get. Zero & worse is just a few days away :)
Hope you got some good dry birch to warm things up. Nephew is working one of the many state cutting area up there somewhere getting next years wood in.
Two Rivers or Mosquito Creek cutting areas may be close to you.
https://dnr.alaska.gov/FPS/
Great job!

Yep have about 6 cords of birch that is in the low 20% range on the moisture meter and 2 cord or super dry spruce the installers come tomorrow for the roof box and all the stuff up there so hopefully will be burning by the weekend!

bsj425 said:
Yep have about 6 cords of birch that is in the low 20% range on the moisture meter and 2 cord or super dry spruce the installers come tomorrow for the roof box and all the stuff up there so hopefully will be burning by the weekend!

lookin good!.....can't wait to see a pic of that stove doin it's thing on top of the hearth......great job!

bsj425 said:
only pic for now will post more when it is grouted and trimmed up.

I really like those stone tiles; the stove is going to look awesome on that hearth. Can't wait to see the finish product.

Scotty Overkill said:
raybonz said:

Ray

+1 to the sledding.

Hearth is looking sharp .. . love the color.

That hearth is gonna look wicked nice!!

Ray

I am starting the exact project you did. Question: What thickness of backer board did you use and what brand was it? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.