Heat powered fan???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsshaver

Nov 9, 2014
East Texas
Newbie here. Have anyone of you used a heat powered fan and if so are there any recommendations. I have seen some videos on the EcoFan and a Stirling-Cycle heat powered fan. They both make sense but do they truly work and are they effecient??

I would like a fan without tapping into electrical power.
Thanks guys.

I've got an Ecofan and it's very quiet and produces a gentle breeze. Efficient? Moving air feels cooler than radiant still air from your stove, so it may not feel warmer but it does add gentle circulation to the room which will help heat the room. Don't drop the fan or leave it on the stove top if you are overfiring. A sensor in mine tipped the fan over and once the fan blades are bent, it's never the same.

Lot's of threads here on ecofans. Try a search using the search box upper right.

Status
Not open for further replies.