HEAT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

co370

Hearth Supporter
Oct 11, 2009
NJ
ive posted a few questions and have gotten back some really great input.. so heres another.. i have a 2000sqft house.. my stove is installed an my back room which is on the far end of the house... this room gets extremely hot before any other rooms heat up... is there a way with my central air ducts to move the heat to the opposite end of the house?? i understand that the room the stove is in will no doubt be the hottest room... but .. i am trying to figure out a way to move the heat through the house.....

I would post this in the hearth for better feedback. Most, including myself, have had much greater success blowing the cold air towards the stove than trying to move heat. Start with some small cheapo fans on the floor. You will be surprised how well it works.

The goal is to pressurize the stove room, preferably from the bottom, which will displace the higher warmer air thus pushing it out of the room.

Step 1. Fan placed close to the stove room pulling cold air into the stove room from the end of the house you want warm air to move/displace.

Step 2. Ceiling fan in the next closest room.
It has been proven that a ceiling fan (set at winter - clockwise) will provide the best warm air movement from there.

Step 3. Other options would be passive registers or in-wall fans.

yep as ratman said push the cold air to the stove

co370, if I haven't done so yet, then welcome to the forum.

Trying to circulate warm air with air conditioner or even furnace fans just does not do much good at all and will be a waste of electricity. As others have stated, blowing cool air into the stove room works. It sounds backwards but it does work. Just use low speed on a fan set in a doorway or hallway. Heat will circulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.