Help needed for Hearth Stone - Soapstone wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mamastacey

Sep 18, 2017
Pennsylvania
image.jpgimage.jpg
I purchased a used Hearth Stone Soapstone wood stove. I can't find any make or model number anywhere? I need a manual and parts manual. How do I go about finding? Stove seems in good shape and has brown porcelain around soap stone on stove.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 226
Would that be a Hearthstone 1? I'm almost certain the stones shouldn't be removable like that, they aren't on any other Hearthstone that I've had my hands on. It's really likely the stove needs a complete rebuild.

The stones came loose on moving. The only stones loose are those top 2. What cement do you use to put them down properly? I still don't know age or model of stove.
If the top stones came loose that easily it's very likely that the rest would need resealed too.
Hearthstone makes their own soapstone cement, contact your nearest dealer and see if they have any. I wouldn't use cheap furnace cement.

I agree that it looks like an HII. Is that a catalytic convertor in front of the stove pipe? I found some documentation that there was an HII cat stove, but haven't found the manual.