HELP.....Stove install mess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

othelloears

Oct 13, 2009
So. NH
Just got a new stove and having problem with pipe. I bought a VC defiant which has a 8" oval collar.

The stove is on a fireplace hearth and with a 6" round tee coming off my chimney liner. My defiant encore backs right up to the tee.

The problem is there is only about 4" from the stove to the pipe tee and I don't have room for a 8"oval adaptor which is 12" long.

I need either a 8" oval outlet on my tee or a 6" round flue collar for the stove.

Does anyone know if the make either of those items?

vermont makes a 6" round cast flue collar that you can bolt in place of the 8" oval one you have now.

That would save me. Are you sure they sell one for the Defiant model 1945? If so do you have a part number?

On the defiant that I had,you could take out the 4 screws and turn the pipe outlet to make it come out of the top or the back,depending which way you needed it.That was an older stove,they may not be that way anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.