Help with new Enviro P3 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
When you start your stove, do you put a small handful of pellets in the burn pot? Up against the back where the igniter is? I do and have never had an E3 on startup. I got my stove last fall. I thought i read to do that.

When you start your stove, do you put a small handful of pellets in the burn pot? Up against the back where the igniter is? I do and have never had an E3 on startup. I got my stove last fall. I thought i read to do that.

No. But good to note. We had not had the E3 issue for a while. Did in the beginning but that may have been our placement of the pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my stove last fall and have never had an E3 on startup. Do you put a small handful of pellets in the burnpot up against the back wall where the igniter is when starting? I thought i read to do that.

I bought my stove last fall and have never had an E3 on startup. Do you put a small handful of pellets in the burnpot up against the back wall where the igniter is when starting? I thought i read to do that.

No we don’t do that but something to try if we get this thing working properly.

So checked the fire this morning and it seems great. This is the hard part some days it works great and then all of a sudden it will stop and get a build up

Correct me if I'm wrong, but again should this stove be "baby" sat like this ? Run it ,clean it , run it, clean it, reset, run it, clean it, can't see the fire, clean it, ... . I'm sorry but I can run my main stove, not an Enviro, for weeks at a time with minimal attention..
I just want consistent results.
Like you said "consistency" is key...you paid for it

Glad to hear it is runnning fine today. Only advice i can give at tis point is make SURE that ashpan is closed properly. I'll be watching.

Glad to hear it is runnning fine today. Only advice i can give at tis point is make SURE that ashpan is closed properly. I'll be watching.

We do all the time. It’s not that hard once you know (we did have some issues as there was no real tutorial when installed ). The forum guys were great

I am going to text the dealer the pics of the set up from last night before we cleaned it just to show all items were placed where they should as Sunday when I looked at fire it seemed to be great

The fact the distributor said Adjustments are not uncommon when switching brands of fuel and sometimes not uncommon when using the same fuel brand but getting a new load does not give me confidence. It should be set it and forget it.

Almost starting to wonder if something is not sealing 100% that is involved in the cleaning. Or their is a small air gap in the door that sometimes you are locking the door tighter than others making it only show up randomly. I don't think its a fuel issue happening here i think its something that is enough to cause a issue and just being missed. Have you looked around the door in the dark looking for signs of light from the flame?

Just looking back though your pics were does your oak exit? Just under the floor into a crawl space or outside?

Almost starting to wonder if something is not sealing 100% that is involved in the cleaning. Or their is a small air gap in the door that sometimes you are locking the door tighter than others making it only show up randomly. I don't think its a fuel issue happening here i think its something that is enough to cause a issue and just being missed. Have you looked around the door in the dark looking for signs of light from the flame?

Well than this is a finicky stove. Too finicky for $3500 bucks. Should have bought a 1900 Lowe’s special

Looking at your pictures again and still seeing what looks like air flow patterns on the inside front of your ashpan. Mine does not have these streaking patterns.

So. My other 1/2 says the pot is now filling up. It seemed fine at 6:15 am after 12 hours.

The only thing I did was open hopper and add pellets.

I did make sure there was no pellets that could cause the hopper lid not to close.

When is your service person coming to look at the stove? I am interested in what is going on.

He was up two days ago. He tightened nut ashbox. I did not think it was loose as we had shook it.

Checked draft with the pellets we using. He uses them too.

So far it has ran ok for two days.

Test will be when we clean it

I will post how it goes [emoji106]