Help with new Enviro P3 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I just got off the phone with Sherwood Industries. I sent them a link to your thread and they have read it and are aware of the issue and are forwarding it to the tech department. Can you send me your email address so I can forward it to them? This shouldn't have happened and doesn't reflect upon the quality of Enviro stoves. What it does reflect upon is the integrity of the Dealer and I'm sure this will be resolved.

Thanks. Email is [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Lets hope Sherwood Industries gets this taken care of... quickly...

So Friday my other half finally had enough. It was minus 29 outside and minus 2 in the cabin with the stove running on L5 for a day and a half

Not much heat was coming and the ash inside was white

We had decided to go in this Saturday and say please take stove back. This has been going on since early Nov

Then husband found out they had a Facebook page and posted a comment and a rating.

I quickly got a call.

So. One last kick at the can to get this working

They did confirm there is no liner in the chimney. Not sure if they plan to get rid of the 90 degree and go with something different

We did check with 2 stores on the pellets we used. Both stores said they have had no complaints and sell quite a lot of them

If whatever the plan does not resolve issue, then we will be having the stove removed. We will run electric heaters and decide

We had cleaned the pipes out and the stove a few days ago. Had on L5 again plus electric heaters. Last night lowered to L3. This morning stove was off flashing E3. Top trap 1/4 full of ash and burn pot full of ash that had to be chipped and scrapped so it will be interesting to see what happens
27b1ff3fd85d9aa9593308d302da1263.jpg
7ccc2cad31f85025a9f065fd7143f3f2.jpg

Thx everyone for you ongoing help on this

Last edited:
There may also be something wrong with the stove. Ask them to take it back, fix it and use it in their showroom and get the burn credit. Then get the Maridian cast. Did they come out and look at your place before you bought it?

I checked last week to see if Sherwood Industries had FB page but came up empty. A poster here a while ago had an on going issue with new Harman stove, and they finally got results after posting comments on Harman's FB page.. I can't believe that this stove needs this much attention. Either poor install, (most likely), bad stove or maybe both...enough already..

I checked last week to see if Sherwood Industries had FB page but came up empty. A poster here a while ago had an on going issue with new Harman stove, and they finally got results after posting comments on Harman's FB page.. I can't believe that this stove needs this much attention. Either poor install, (most likely), bad stove or maybe both...enough already..

Thx. It was dealers FB. Find out Tues

Any update on this ???

Any update on this ???

They came back and redid the pipe. And put a 14 ft, 4 inch liner up the chimney

First go we had build up in burn pot. We have bought new pellets. Pinnacle Fir pellets. Trying them. Has ran better for a few days. But the stove had also run well for one week then crapped out again

So we are still trying. Will see how the next couple weeks go
9ad6d8601f2768de8fd38c6652e21a59.jpg

That is a much cleaner and visually applying install
Hope it all works out for you

Reactions: Eddie Haskell
Yes looks alot better lets hope it works alot better. Still a very long run.;)

Thanks for the update...Yup looks better, hope for the best..

Ok. So question before I give up on this stove. Dealer out and redid pipe. Pictures posted. We tried new pellets,making sure all looked uniform as possible in size. Ran in L3 for a few days. Seemed ok. Turned to L2 as it is between plus 1 and -5. Turned to level 2 yesterday afternoon. Today at 7 burn pot 1/2 full

Is this normal behaviour for this stove

If it is ok. Then not sure why they give you a L1 and 2 setting.

If not normal then I need them to remove stove

Thx all

Different brand of stove. But on setting 1 my burn pot will fill right up.. but I also have not played around with the fresh air intake yo optimize burn. U may have to find the sweet spot as welll

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Ok. So question before I give up on this stove. Dealer out and redid pipe. Pictures posted. We tried new pellets,making sure all looked uniform as possible in size. Ran in L3 for a few days. Seemed ok. Turned to L2 as it is between plus 1 and -5. Turned to level 2 yesterday afternoon. Today at 7 burn pot 1/2 full

Is this normal behaviour for this stove

If it is ok. Then not sure why they give you a L1 and 2 setting.

If not normal then I need them to remove stove

Thx all

It could be normal depending on your draft. How is it doing on levels 4 and 5? I wish I could see a video of the flame.

We have not tried on 4 or 5 yet just because it got warm

We will try that.

For the video. Not sure how to attach a video

Do you want video of flame on L2 or higher

So we completely cleaned stove. Bought new pellets. Just in case old pellets were a bad batch. Started yesterday and again by this am the burn pot was full and glass black

74494418ba78cea2899cf4099b7ff4d1.jpg
d87748eaf8ebafac81b133e9dc514496.jpg

We had it on L3 and the flame seemed good last night at 8

We again contacted dealer and distributor

So far distributor got back stating:

I am feeling the fuel is the only option left if the stove has been set and left set.

Fuel is not a fault of any stove manufacturer nor is it controlled by them so I will have a conversation with Dan at Dales once we see what happens with the fuel change. As I mentioned long ago in an email we have a unit in our office and have just recently switched fuel, while the stove did not have errors (we burn it on higher setting than you) the amount of fines left in the burn pot, and condition of the glass forced us to make some adjustments to the stove. Adjustments are not uncommon when switching brands of fuel and sometimes not uncommon when using the same fuel brand but getting a new load. I believe you still have the photo I sent some time ago.
I believe that thru this entire process you have come to the understanding that Pellet Stoves are fairly technically involved, I am thankful that Dales have been able to make those adjustments for you.

So now I right now back to square 1. This will be the 4th brand we have tried

And as for being so technical as they say If they are that finicky I would not recommend to anyone to get one

The videos you sent me the other day showed a nice active flame which means a good draft. This photo clearly shows most likely a poor draft. There’s something going on here. Would you post the video you sent me so the others can see it?

Sure. That was before we cleaned. I will be cleaning again tonight. And starting up again. And they are coming up tomorrow to calibrate with the pellets we plan to use

Sure. That was before we cleaned. I will be cleaning again tonight. And starting up again. And they are coming up tomorrow to calibrate with the pellets we plan to use

This is the really weird part. One clean it works great. The next clean crap

We make sure all things are right now.

It’s not pellets. At least I don’t see how 4 kinds could be that bad. This is getting personal now lol. When the others see the flame I think they’ll agree the draft was fine in the video. I personally would bring that back to my showroom and hook it up and watch it. I’m beginning to think something in the control panel is getting hot and failing intermittently