Help with new Enviro P3 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Good to hear. Did he have to increase the air flow or was it OK? Yes- keep me posted. Thanks

Well did not have to wait to clean. We had lowered the setting to L2 yesterday at 9am

This morning husband checked at 5 am. Was going and cabin warm. Today at 3. Fire out. Flashing 88

I officially give up. This stove is nothing but a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run mine on 1 or 2 probably 90% of the time. I am only heating a 1000 sq ft, well insulated house. I only have run it on level 3 on extremely cold days(i am in new york near poughkeepsie) and if running it on 3, i turn it down to 2 when going to bed. I don't mind the furnace kicking on every half hour on very cold nights. I would hate to not have the furnace running at all during the winter. I have never run the stove on 4. I have read that you should fine turn your stove to run at level 1 and then the other levels should be good. That is the way i set my stove up. Burns a little dirtier at level1
but it doesn't go out. Usually run level one at 40 degrees and above, level 2 around 20-40 degrees and level 3 below 20. Did you ever hear what error 88 was?

I run mine on 1 or 2 probably 90% of the time. I am only heating a 1000 sq ft, well insulated house. I only have run it on level 3 on extremely cold days(i am in new york near poughkeepsie) and if running it on 3, i turn it down to 2 when going to bed. I don't mind the furnace kicking on every half hour on very cold nights. I would hate to not have the furnace running at all during the winter. I have never run the stove on 4. I have read that you should fine turn your stove to run at level 1 and then the other levels should be good. That is the way i set my stove up. Burns a little dirtier at level1
but it doesn't go out. Usually run level one at 40 degrees and above, level 2 around 20-40 degrees and level 3 below 20. Did you ever hear what error 88 was?

I found out it was E3. Not 88. Oops

I have been fallowing this topic and would like to comment
1) the original installation was to say the least very poorly done
2) It seems to me that you would like a stove that would burn very clean
with good heat at the lowest setting . Re code E3
3) You are suffering from buyers remorse

Now for 1) the new install is much cleaner and lends itself to its location
2) A stove burning on the lowest setting is a Dirty Cold burn lots of black ash and unburnt gasses
thus a dirty stove in less than 24 hours . Also a stove that is set that low wants to go out
exhaust temp. is low . The only cure is more pellets feed into the fire pot . Adj.auger trim way up
3) You were looking for a plug and play heat source try a gas stove
A pellet stove is a lot of work and needs constant attention
If it were my stove I would run it hotter keep it clean and enjoy the heat that it produces
I also feel your Dealrer has gone above and beyond what is necessary . Learn to run the stove
to get the most enjoyment out of it
John

No problem. I hope your problems are over. I think tightening that ashpan is going to do wonder for your pellet buildup. If you get another E3 burning on lvl2 then you may have to turn down the combustion air a bit.

Is the stove still running OK?

No. Not really. Now the dealer wants us to time auger turning when we change settings

He says if we change from L3 to L5 the combustion and pellet drop should change instantly. We don’t find that. The husband told him we seem to have issues when we modify the settings (go up or down levels)

So we are going to sit this weekend and time pellet drops.

We totally cleaned it two days ago
Set on L4. Dealer was out yesterday. Said readings were good. We adjusted to L3 last night

Today at 3 we had this

So now they think may be control board

But at least they are coming to look at. I am sure they are tired of visiting

Hopefully we can get working. I do like the stove and it it worked as yours does it would be great.

Thanks for asking

Sorry to hear that. I would be totally disgusted after all that you have gone through. You must be thinking this is the worst investment ever. Hoping they get it right for you soon.

So thought I would give a final update.

The stove continued to run poorly. It would run well when first started but then would build up pellets when we we lowered or raised the Level. We were going to sit and time the auger turning on each setting as per request from dealer

But before we could do that... the knob/latch mechanism to open ash pan seized. Yup. Can not open. Dealer came up and confirmed. Totally screwed

The latch is not rubbing against anything. There is nothing jamming it. It just won’t turn

So pretty much stove will be being returned. There really is not much else the dealer can try

It is too bad. I did like the stoves look and feel.

Anyway. Thanks all for your help in this matter

Powergirl, thanks for the update,.....

Sorry to hear that. Are you going to shopping for another stove or did this experience leave a bad taste for pellet stoves. Best of luck with whatever you do.

Sorry to hear that. Are you going to shopping for another stove or did this experience leave a bad taste for pellet stoves. Best of luck with whatever you do.

I am leaving that to the other half. We have friends with pellet stoves that live them and the pellet idea is great for the cabin.

WOW, been following you post since Nov. and you and your husband have the patients of a saint. It seems everyone involved did their best to rectify the problem, but in the end I guess you got stuck with a lemon. I've been using a stove to heat my 1500 square foot home for the past 10 years without no problems. I guess maybe I just got lucky. If you decide to try another stove try a brand like Haman or Enviro which are good ones. If you do choose to try again hope you have better luck, which I'm sure you will.

WOW, been following you post since Nov. and you and your husband have the patients of a saint. It seems everyone involved did their best to rectify the problem, but in the end I guess you got stuck with a lemon. I've been using a stove to heat my 1500 square foot home for the past 10 years without no problems. I guess maybe I just got lucky. If you decide to try another stove try a brand like Haman or Enviro which are good ones. If you do choose to try again hope you have better luck, which I'm sure you will.
I know that the stove you had was an Enviro, but I think you just got struck with a lemon. Even Mercedes makes one once in a awhile.