murwil Posted By murwil, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:35 AM

1. murwil

murwil
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2018
    Loc:
    savannah, ga
    I have just replaced all of the gaskets and I am trying to reassemble the rear damper housing so that it engages the damper control rod. Anyone know the correct way to do this? The horizontal bar doesn't seem damaged but trying to get it to engage with the damper clip is tricky. I am trying not to have to take the flue collar off if at all possible. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. defiant3

defiant3
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2010
    Loc:
    No. NH
    Did you remove the damper housing? Is it back in but not working?

3. murwil

murwil
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2018
    Loc:
    savannah, ga
    Yes, I removed the damper housing and re-did all the gaskets. I just want to know the best way to place the housing back in place so that it engages with the damper control rod. Does the control rod just press up against it or does it actually go behind or just against the damper clip?

4. jsdashoes

jsdashoes
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2018
    Loc:
    ky
    It appears to be similar to my Resolute Acclaim, which I just replaced the complete rear interior of. The damper housing bolted back into the back and the damper laid back onto the damper rod. Mine doesn't "attach" to it, just rests on it. Gravity does the rest. Its amazing to me what you can find on the internet, and how little there is on the actual disassembly/repair of these stoves.

5. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    @defiant3 have you done an Intrepid 2 rebuild lately?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...