Horrendous wood score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
My friend owns one of the largest construction companies in northeast Ohio,lives on the same road as me,we both burn wood,me a woodstove ,him a fireplace.
A tree company was working in the same neighborhood as him ,but had no place to put the trees they were cutting,they approached my friend who has property in the vicinity,and asked if they could stack the trees there until they completed the job. My friend said no problem,the owner of the company then said do you need any firewood ,well we both have plenty but can use more,all the oak shown here is ours,and will be delivered by the tree company to my friends construction company lot in Cleveland Ohio,where he will have it cu
joes wood.jpeg
t and split by an excavator into manageable pieces.

Good lord that will make a lot of firewood. Best score I've seen on here as far as quantity. Those trunks that I can see are good size. I love when splitting those in eighths you still gotta split the heart outtake each piece. If I remember from a old post long arm you basically had a side of your yard fenced with stacks of wood. This should finish the rest of your yard lol. Nice haul.

Wow, the stuff of my dreams! I'm also in the Cleveland area and if you need help getting rid of that stack, I'd be willing to lend a hand. I have been driving over to western PA to get red oak off the old family farm.

My friend owns one of the largest construction companies in northeast Ohio,lives on the same road as me,we both burn wood,me a woodstove ,him a fireplace.
A tree company was working in the same neighborhood as him ,but had no place to put the trees they were cutting,they approached my friend who has property in the vicinity,and asked if they could stack the trees there until they completed the job. My friend said no problem,the owner of the company then said do you need any firewood ,well we both have plenty but can use more,all the oak shown here is ours,and will be delivered by the tree company to my friends construction company lot in Cleveland Ohio,where he will have it cuView attachment 249870t and split by an excavator into manageable pieces.
Addendum,went and picked out about 50 tons of red ,white oak,and locust this place is unbelievable.i had no idea the massive oaks that were there on six and a half feet at the trunk,will post a picture when I figure out how to delete or hide my friend standing in front of it.I'm set for years.This auger thing splits the massive logs and makes for easier handling.
1wood.jpg
2wood.jpg
3wood.jpg
4wood.jpg
5wood.jpg
6wood.jpg

I'd be looking into bringing in a portable sawmill too.

Not sure I would use the word horrendous, maybe stupendous?
My friend is 6'2 he's standing here in front of this monster that we're getting along with the three huge pieces on top and the spray painted ones.This guy looks and acts just like an ordinary common man ,however is worth a conservative 50 million,never went to his head has 125 union workers employed my him,a great guy.
huge.jpeg

I would make a table top out of that one beside him....leave the live edge. That would be awesome and one of a kind.
He actually made a comment that would make a nice table top.All the wood is being delivered to his business next week,it will stay outside under a metal roof on a concrete pad ,till we get it all sorted out.

How far are you moving this wood?

How far are you moving this wood?

20 minutes away if that.And no ash .

20 minutes away if that.And no ash .
It doesn't have to be ash did you read the link? You also have Asian longhorn beetle and thousand cankers in Ohio they are trying to contain.

But 20 mins isn't bad how long did it travel to get to that yard though?

It doesn't have to be ash did you read the link? You also have Asian longhorn beetle and thousand cankers in Ohio they are trying to contain.

But 20 mins isn't bad how long did it travel to get to that yard though?
Have no clue ,my deals done so 3 families have at least 5 years burning.

Have no clue ,my deals done so 3 families have at least 5 years burning.
Well I guess that matters more than trying to control to spread the next thing that may wipe out another species of tree. Or actually following state and federal laws.

Well I guess that matters more than trying to control to spread the next thing that may wipe out another species of tree. Or actually following state and federal laws.
You could assume that the tree company knows the laws and is abiding by them. Hence, maybe that's why they are giving the wood away locally... or you could just assume they are violating laws. Whatever suits your fancy.

You could assume that the tree company knows the laws and is abiding by them. Hence, maybe that's why they are giving the wood away locally... or you could just assume they are violating laws. Whatever suits your fancy.
One thing you never do if you post on a public forum is announce your breaking any laws state or federal.
This company is rock solid in business for decades,they know the laws and abide by them.

Reactions: Marshy
One thing you never do if you post on a public forum is announce your breaking any laws state or federal.
This company is rock solid in business for decades,they know the laws and abide by them.
That's why I find it a little aggravating that a site staff member would imply they are breaking laws. Its unfounded and inappropriate in my opinion. Have a good day.