How do I replace fuse in Quadrafire Castile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbubrooks

Sep 27, 2008
Central Washington
Hi! I was working on my quadrafire Castile this morning and cleaned the ash out and while pulling the ash holder out it caught the wires and caused them to arc. Fixed the wires but stove won't turn on. Figure it blew the fuse but don't know how to change it out. Any help would be great!

Hi! I was working on my quadrafire Castile this morning and cleaned the ash out and while pulling the ash holder out it caught the wires and caused them to arc. Fixed the wires but stove won't turn on. Figure it blew the fuse but don't know how to change it out. Any help would be great!

Hi mcb,

The fuse is in the junction box, which connects to the control box, below the red 'call for heat' light. Below is a picture from a different Quad model junction box, but it should look similar to yours. It is held in with a fuse cap that twists and locks the 7 amp glass fuse into the fuse holder.

Make sure you UNPLUG the stove before you pull the fuse out to replace it. Here is a link to the self-help videos put out by Quad that has a Troubleshooting video that shows the Castile fuse location and removal in the first part of the video. http://www.quadrafire.com/Owner-Resources/Use-and-Care-Videos/Castile-Pellet-Stove.aspx

The igniter is a common place for the wires to short out. Hopefully the short-to-ground just took out your fuse and not your control box. Make sure your house circuit breaker for the electrical outlet your stove is plugged into didn't blow also. Post back on how things go after you check the fuse. Regards, DK

Quad call for heat light.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kappel15
Status
Not open for further replies.