How do you cover your splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Reactions: Lone_Gun
Man what a nice looking yard!

Thanks I like working in the yard to unwind after work. Here is a overhead view.
IMG_0697.PNG

Reactions: Lone_Gun and Ashful
Mine is in the horizontal position when I keep it under the tarp. To avoid surface rust I wipe used oil on the beam before & after use. Its been outside for 5 years without any issues.

I store mine in a shed, yet I still do something similar... only instead of oil I spray the whole thing (except muffler & engine hot spots) with silicone.;)

silicone.jpg

How do you remove snow with all that loose gravel?

At first I thought it was cement and I was thinking wow that's a lot of cement. But I think your right it's gravel.

Nice looking place for sure but you need some fertilizer and herbicides, insecticides, weed control etc on the lawn ! It looks brown ? Just joking with ya

No sir that is what I would call a garage. And a nice salt box to boot. Way to nice too use as a shed and or shop. That would be where my f250 gets parked and my wife's SUV. No tools or grease in that garage. But since it's heated and air conditioned a little man cave bar area would be a nice addition to that salt box.

Also love the crows nest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashful
How do you remove snow with all that loose gravel?

Tractor with plow blade with a piece of sec. 40 pipe on the cutting edge. Also have the largest Ariens snow blower with a piece of pipe on its cutting edge and small skis in place of the skids.

It is not gravel it is crushed quahog shells. They crush down to a powder like concrete over time. Then put down a new 6" layer. It took over 23 trailer dump loads to do the first application.

Reactions: rowerwet