how do you get your firewood out of the woods?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if its small and easy to get to i use the wife's 08 Jeep JK and my 6x12 trailer. usually cut to bout 8 ft logs and haul home and cut and split. if i really have to get into the woods i use my 79 blazer with 38 boggers and a 12000lb winch. goes through or over anything including "Mud"! or i also have my 350 warrior and a little lawn trailer.

Honda ATV (remarkably similar to Sublime's ATV . . . minus the winch and handguards) with a small trailer attached . . . tree is cut down and cut up in the woods and I haul to a central pile where I can split it.

The Jeep, or The Arctic Cat

Attachments

• 2819649842_5dc0b92d08_o (Small).jpg
    2819649842_5dc0b92d08_o (Small).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 473
My 1994 Ford Ranger woods truck. Boy can she haul the wood.

Attachments

• 637434-R1-31-32.jpg
    637434-R1-31-32.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 417
This is my fetch mobile if the going gets tough. That little beast will climb pretty much anything. We don't have extreme terrain around here, so this will get it done. Its short and turns on a dime and is a true 4 wheel drive (no pavement for this thing when in 4 wheel drive, it will start breaking things). 1959 Jeep FC150. She looks a little rough, but runs fantastic.

Attachments

• jeep_sm.jpg
    jeep_sm.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 407
Hi jags, Boy where can a guy get on of those. sure beats my ranger.

Deadon said:
Hi jags, Boy where can a guy get on of those. sure beats my ranger.

Well, they are still out there if you look hard enough. These things are getting sucked up by "collectors" now. Goofy people....I commonly refer to this as the worlds ugliest vehicle (but I pat it lovingly as I walk by it). This thing has been my plow truck for the farm for years. Change oil and feed it fuel and it just keeps running.

Brand new, the top speed was advertised as 53 MPH. The thing has a baby 4 banger, but is geared like a tractor.

My little red Tractor Supply wagon... If I'm lucky, I can back the lawn tractor up to it and pull it out... If I'm not lucky - well I've learned how to make engine noises while pulling... :coolgrin:

I've also been known to use a two wheel barrel cart, or the split wood cart that I usually use to get splits into the house.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.