How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Its worth a try

We will see tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow.
Ok Ssyko, so I'm disconnecting the stove from pipe again, and removing the whole motor and part that connects to the stove pipe, what did you call that? And taking the fan blade I just replaced off, and this time the motor too. and putting both back on the metal tube part that hooks to the stove pipe. Is that about right?

I bet Ssyko sent it UPS. If he sent it USPS it might have shown up next halloween...

Reactions: Rxwoman1961

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    73_midi.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 95
Ok Ssyko, so I'm disconnecting the stove from pipe again, and removing the whole motor and part that connects to the stove pipe, what did you call that? And taking the fan blade I just replaced off, and this time the motor too. and putting both back on the metal tube part that hooks to the stove pipe. Is that about right?

yep that’s exactly what to do. The new squirrel cage fan uses a T15 torx bit to tighten it on the shaft. Also the shaft and hub of the fan should be flush when you tighten it.

I bet Ssyko sent it UPS. If he sent it USPS it might have shown up next halloween...
Nope sent it usps Priority so it didn’t end up like 3 control boards that took 3 weeks to get. USPS has taken Some steps Backwards this last few years.

Reactions: Washed-Up
We are all on the edge of our seats.....

yep that’s exactly what to do. The new squirrel cage fan uses a T15 torx bit to tighten it on the shaft. Also the shaft and hub of the fan should be flush when you tighten it.
Hope she has a T15 torx bit...
Also anxiously waiting ....

Reactions: Ssyko and SciGuy
Nope sent it usps Priority so it didn’t end up like 3 control boards that took 3 weeks to get. USPS has taken Some steps Backwards this last few years.
Doing better than us. My wife has been waiting for a pair of socks she ordered last December that have become world travelers. Everywhere but here. Tracking shows them travelling thousands of miles but never arriving in our mailbox. High mileage socks..... :eek:

Reactions: Ssyko
i know i had one guy send me a board on Dec11,2020. he lives about 200 miles from me in the same state. the board was in Florida for 9 day's soaking up the sun i guess. i recieved the board Dec31(smelled like coconut oil lol)

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Cannot wait to see the condition of the packaging when it finally arrives, if it ever does. Rain, shine, snow or sleet, the mail must go through. Guess that don't mean through to you, just through to some point elsewhere...

Reactions: Ssyko
Hope she has a T15 torx bit...
Also anxiously waiting ....
I do! Just found it. My husband left a whole Ryobi bit set thingy. Yay Arne.()
God I miss that man. :(
Finding something with a skinny enough handle to fit the bit into might be a little trickier, but I'm not that far yet.

allen wrenches?

How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

I do! Just found it. My husband left a whole Ryobi bit set thingy. Yay Arne.()
God I miss that man. :(
Finding something with a skinny enough handle to fit the bit into might be a little trickier, but I'm not that far yet.
When in a bind, I’ve even resorted to using a small crescent wrench to turn one of those bits 1/4 turn at a time.

YMMV

Hugh

"Bless Arne." .There should be adapters of sorts for that torx. Usually it fits in a 1/4 inch hex, six sided socket, with a rachet or screwdriver type driver. Hopefully the torx bit will fit in the 1/4 inch socket..

Did you happen to get those creosote pellets? Wondering how well they work....it’s definitely coming off!