How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I need this now sticky icky plate off of this motor, right?
Anyone know how to get this stuff out of carpet?

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20210108_193356311.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 103
A degreaser will pull most of it out, hopefully it’s not a light color

A degreaser will pull most of it out, hopefully it’s not a light color
Of course it is! Powder blue!
I could just throttle that guy at this point.
Fricka fracking burnt wet corn shiat all over my F*#cking rug. Grrrrrrr.:mad:

I was really hoping to put the new fan motor on tonight. There's no way. I'm going to have to scrape g©d d@mned black goo off everything first and try not to get it smeared anywhere else.

guess i shoulda shipped ya the parts washer to :)

Reactions: Rxwoman1961
Doing better than us. My wife has been waiting for a pair of socks she ordered last December that have become world travelers. Everywhere but here. Tracking shows them travelling thousands of miles but never arriving in our mailbox. High mileage socks..... :eek:
They will completely shot by the time they arrive:)

Reactions: SidecarFlip
I need this now sticky icky plate off of this motor, right?
Anyone know how to get this stuff out of carpet?
Remove the fan and use a putty knife, easy-peasy

Remove the fan and use a putty knife, easy-peasy
Yes, thank you.
Let me apologize to everyone. Youve all been so wonderfully supportive. ♥
I'm sorry I was whiny and girly last night over carpeting.
I had a lousy week and was run down (got my 1st round covid vaccine. Side effects include crying over stupid stuff) and I had a Fri night mini melt down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed-Up
guess i shoulda shipped ya the parts washer to :)
Ssyko, new problem. The mount bolt thingys dont quite fit. How can I fix this. ..or can I?
See on the pics, the 3 holes are really big on the old one ( top pic) and it had 1 of those red rubber gasket looking things on each bolt to keep it tight.

IMG_20210109_111222022.jpg IMG_20210109_111247955.jpg IMG_20210109_111325313.jpg

Those rubber gaskets are for motor vibration isolation from the mounting I believe. I have them on my Harman. Hope Ssyko chimes in soon, I don't want to give you wrong advice.., but once the rubber things are in the old slots then the hole is smaller for the bolts., correct ?? Do the mounting bolts fit in the replacement motor holes ??

Put the motor on the plate its a tight fit but it will go. Drill the holes bigger on the motor if need be. We aren’t worried about noise at this point. We gonna have air

(bet it’s still quieter than the convection blower lol)

Put the motor on the plate its a tight fit but it will go. Drill the holes bigger on the motor if need be. We aren’t worried about noise at this point. We gonna have air

(bet it’s still quieter than the convection blower lol)
Nope. 2 holes will almost go, but it always leaves #3 off.
I'm going to have to gouge one hole a little bigger to make it fit. Surely one of the bits in the Ryobi set is for metal.
And I have to work this eve so tomorrow before I can get to it.

Reactions: gfreek and Ssyko
Let it rip drill all 3 hole bigger might give ya more room

Reactions: Washed-Up
Dont try to put the red rubber isolators on just get the studs up through the motor mounts.

Ok, while I'm waiting for the red gasket goo to set up a bit, here's what I have.
I even had a fiberglass gasket for fan as I sent for a replecement way back before knowing about the tuba stuff.

Attachments

IMG_20210111_170800771.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 81
    IMG_20210111_170509802.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 84
Looks good!!

In reality the gasket is a better deal. I would have used it instead. Only reason we use red glue is we are too cheap to buy replacement gaskets....lol