Hudson River stove Chatham problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jband32

Nov 24, 2018
Indiana
I’m having another problem with my stove
Throwing a number 3 light
It will run for approx 10 minutes then it shuts off
I restart it by turning it back on each time
That’s what I’m asking for help with

On the other side of things, the guy who put it in is nothing but a joke. I figure it would be much easier to fix it myself
Can’t get him to come and fix due to god only knows. Always has some sort of excuse.
Help please and thank you

When was the last thorough cleaning. Do you have your manual?

Does the fire light at all? My manual says that light #3 will flash when the contacts on the exhaust temperature sensor have opened. I occasionally get this problem during startup if the pellets don't light as soon as expected, meaning that the exhaust temp is not yet high enough when the sensor expects it to be up. If the flame did light, hitting the power button a couple of times resets the stove to normal operation.

You are supposed to be able to download the manual from the Web site, but I haven't been able to get that feature to work. If you e-mail Hudson River, I'm sure they'll be happy to send you one, either electronically or by post.

Does the fire light at all? My manual says that light #3 will flash when the contacts on the exhaust temperature sensor have opened. I occasionally get this problem during startup if the pellets don't light as soon as expected, meaning that the exhaust temp is not yet high enough when the sensor expects it to be up. If the flame did light, hitting the power button a couple of times resets the stove to normal operation.

You are supposed to be able to download the manual from the Web site, but I haven't been able to get that feature to work. If you e-mail Hudson River, I'm sure they'll be happy to send you one, either electronically or by post.

I have sent an email via their website asking for help
No response in the last 7 days
I have a manual in hand
Just asking if I’m right with the vacuum problem before I jump in and fix it myself
The dealer that put it in doesn’t act like he’s interested in doing anything

I’m having another problem with my stove
Throwing a number 3 light
It will run for approx 10 minutes then it shuts off
I restart it by turning it back on each time
That’s what I’m asking for help with

On the other side of things, the guy who put it in is nothing but a joke. I figure it would be much easier to fix it myself
Can’t get him to come and fix due to god only knows. Always has some sort of excuse.
Help please and thank you
Sorry I didn’t see this. If the stove is lighting and burning good before shutting down You have a bad low limit snap switch. How olds the stove?