Humidity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dgm43

Nov 20, 2017
Ohio
What does everyone use to keep the humidity up in your home. I have a P-61 in my ranch style home. I am struggling to keep the humidity above 40%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curious myself, I have a lopi deerfield and my humidity is hovering around 40. I've tried opening the bathrooms after a hot shower to help, but it only helps in a couple areas and only for a short while.

Well, you should start with an humidifier and then use a fan to carry the moisture where you need it. Unfortunately, this only works locally and not throughout my entire house. You might need central air and heating to humidify the entire house.

Table top.. Essick Moist Air Humidifier... Kind of under sized but....

I just keep the fan off when using the shower. My humidity hovers around 38% and that's fine by me

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I use a console humidifier that uses about 5 gallons a day. The humidity travels through the house well without a fan.

Reactions: FirepotPete
Nothing. After dealing with the humidity the whole rest of the year, I love this dry air. I can breathe better too.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
I use a console humidifier that uses about 5 gallons a day. The humidity travels through the house well without a fan.
I have the same just need to remember to fill it every night. The wardens cats don’t give off high voltage with it thats for sure :p

Reactions: heat seeker
Umm its no loder than the stove but it never shuts off. My hi med low switch went tango uniform so its hard wired to hi only off n on

Reactions: GeHmTS
Right now, jan 1 2018 at 8:30 pm pacific time, it is 69 F and 39% in my house. 33 F and 92% outside. About 200' above sea level. I know by morning the inside here will be down to about 34 to 35% and the temp will be in the low 70s, but I do not go by what the government says is optimal humidity, I go by what is comfortable knowing the "effect" (not risk) low humidity has on the human body. I stay hydrated, and I do not have any conditions or respiratory issues that need higher humidity. I know that many people do have a need for a humidifier and to be in more consistent air moisture.

My indoor humidity right now is 30%. Not seeing a problem with that, doesn't seem to be anything to worry about - I don't do any humidifying, at all.

I have a console humidifier, like to keep it in the mid 40's % for me it really helps with sinus's without the humidifier it is a problem. With this frigid cold weather it is hard keeping it above 40%. That and when you forget to fill the humidifier. I found it really helps us to keep the humidity up at bit. Might end up buying one for our lower level of the house as well.

I run two Honeywell/Vicks warm air humidifiers as needed. We live close to the Columbia river, and get the East gorge winds on the dry cold days. Right now I'm running both humidifiers on high while our boy Harman cranks out the heat. 48% humidity inside currently.