Husqvarna 562xp hot start or rather not start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I I recall correctly the carb was updated last year to rectify the hot start issue. That may be your problem with a 2017 saw.
I hope so the new carb is a zama......... can't remember what the numbers are. We will see. Wonder if I can get the dealer to put in a heat shield like the 572 xp cover has without voiding the warranty

I I recall correctly the carb was updated last year to rectify the hot start issue. That may be your problem with a 2017 saw.
New carb went in. firmware updated. breakin for autotune and went back on the diagnostic and low carb setting was 12. Husky said there is an air leak ? There is 3 hrs on the saw and it has been in the shop for 1 month. My thoughts are go to the 572xp or just return the saw and move on.

Reactions: duramaxman05
The transfer cover gaskets have been messed up from the factory on a few saws that i have seen so far.
I would ask for a different saw,just because you bought a new saw.
When spending that kind of money you should have a working saw that dosn't have to spend any time in the shop.
Or ask for you money back and try a different flavor

The transfer cover gaskets have been messed up from the factory on a few saws that i have seen so far.
I would ask for a different saw,just because you bought a new saw.
When spending that kind of money you should have a working saw that dosn't have to spend any time in the shop.
Or ask for you money back and try a different flavor
Thanks, That's where I'm at. probably add another Stihl to my ms250 ( was finally repaired, maybe ...) in the fall if they won't change it out for the 572xp

***update *** Dealer replacing the 562xp with a 565 at no cost after the Military / First Responder discount applied to make up the shortfall between the 562xp and 565 which he sold me at cost.

Good Luck...
Hopefully you will not be posting problems anymore...

Reactions: duramaxman05
565 came yesterday. So far so good. Did the break in / AT set and seems very nice. A little heavier than the 562xp but with a 20" bar and x85 chain it pretty much cuts itself.

A few pics:
20200804_145842.jpg
20200804_145815.jpg
20200804_144027.jpg
20200804_144328.jpg
20200804_144308.jpg
20200804_144432.jpg
20200804_144421.jpg
20200804_144626.jpg
20200804_150026.jpg
20200804_200753.jpg

Weird. I guess my saws are all easy starters then. I try to remember to engage the brake before starting just to prevent any accidents, but I usually don't start with any throttle, except for my Stihl MS-150-TC which has a high idle function. My Husky 460 has a high idle on cold starts and will move the chain if the brake isn't engaged. Haven't noticed it on hot starts.

On rare occasions I've had to start a saw with the throttle wide open, pretty sketch. With a helper holding it on the ground it would be a lot safer though.

On rare occasions I've had to start a saw with the throttle wide open, pretty sketch. With a helper holding it on the ground it would be a lot safer though.
Most saws with rear handles are designed to be started on the ground with your boot in the handle loop.

People that can get there boot into the handle loop
Have very small feet !!:)
Depends on the boot as well. I can get my toes into the handle of my 460 and 395, but definitely not my top handle saw.

I always push in the decompression button on my 562XP cold or hot and it starts fine. After I had it ported it pulls hard from the increased compression so if I didn't use use the button I think I’d only get one pop out of it. With the porting job done on it it really cuts but the muffler was opened up too so ear plugs are a must now, it’s loud!

565 has 5 tanks through it now. Starts every time the way its suppose to. Cut some 20" elm with ease