Husqvarna 66

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Any comments on this particular saw?

I believe it is 66cc and it was made in the 80's. Looking for a project.
Also, would this be an upgrade over the MS360?
Thanks

I don't have any direct experience with a 66, but here's an info sheet: Husqvarna 66

Is it an upgrade from the 360? I'd say no. 360 has a little more hp (4.4 vs 4.2), weighs a pound less, and revs 1000 rpm higher.

Thank you.
Yeah, I thought it would be a downgrade.

Definitely not an upgrade from a 360, but still potentially a good project if the price is right.

Oh, and beware of possible ignition problems. The 66 (at least some of them, anyhow) used a 2-piece ignition system that is both more difficult to diagnose and more expensive to fix than your typical modern saw with a once-piece ignition. If I was considering a 66 with no spark, the price would have to be pretty close to free.

The guy stopped replying to my texts. Have a feeling it sold.

The price was right, he was asking 100 obo.
He did mention something about it stalling on idle and difficult to start.

Oh well, on to the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.