Husqvarna

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
Well I got to run a husqvarna this week. And not a chainsaw. It's a demolition robot.

20210901_134428.jpg

Sweet. What is the black hose that looks like its running to it? Are you in the demo business?

It's the electric cord. It is 480v phase. Yes, I work for a demolition company in st louis mo.

In the picture we were learning how to run it on the ground. The job was a 40'x40' concrete roof 30ft in the air. We used a crane to hoist it up there and I was in a man lift running it.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Cool stuff. I do demolition in the Cincinnati area. Just a small outfit. Only problem i see for is is we would run over the cord after about 10 minutes lol.

Reactions: duramaxman05
Can it be fitted with a bucket for excavator work? Looks like a nice piece of kit.

Reactions: duramaxman05
Can it be fitted with a bucket for excavator work? Looks like a nice piece of kit.
I believe so. There are several different attachments for. It's a cool little machine. And dont let the size fool you either. I hammered through 6" concrete, 4" clay block then another 6" of concrete plus rebar out the wazoo.

Cool stuff. I do demolition in the Cincinnati area. Just a small outfit. Only problem i see for is is we would run over the cord after about 10 minutes lol.
We definitely kept an eye on the cord. We are a fairly small company aswell. The owner is 3rd or 4th generation so it's a well known company in st louis.

The rebar in the slab was crazy.

20210910_131331.jpg

Oh yeah, always a lot of steel in elevated slabs. The most I've ran into was in a sewer plant. Lot of 1" rebar. We use a set of hydraulic jaws on an excavator, chews up the concrete, and has a shear in the throat that cuts the rebar.