I'm new and Dumb...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No No No No No. Not the M55. (personal opinion) LOVE the Leyden. But you can do the Enviro if you wish. Yes. OAK in chimney, here's what you do. Run the 4 inch liner down and make all yer connections as you would BUT at the top of the chimney, instead of sealing the termination collar to the clay flue, raise it up with a box made out of angle iron, the kind with the holes in it (painted so it doesn't rust). Then mount the collar to that. Punch another hole in the chimney hearth for your oak and take the combustion air from inside the chimney....your make up air will come from the top. NOW...if you have an exterior clean out you could just simply open the door and for go all of tha tupper collar work OR you could install an exterior clean out door....or simply punch a hole straight through the brick to the outside air...but that often ruins the aesthetic of the chimney down the road.

Being that I have the regency gc60 i would love to hear what problems you have had with the m55. I am not running yet due to chasing smoke smell, and replacing pipe. Problem still may be with the stove so I would love to hear your opionion if you dont mind.

Being that I have the regency gc60 i would love to hear what problems you have had with the m55. I am not running yet due to chasing smoke smell, and replacing pipe. Problem still may be with the stove so I would love to hear your opionion if you dont mind.

I remember a thread or two on the smoke smell. I found one(think there was another one somewhere). Check link.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/smelling-smoke-from-my-enviro-m55-cast.73811/#post-934029

It should be checked out while the dealer(i'm assuming the dealer is doing the repair) is replacing the pipe. Seems some didn't get sealed properly and leaks at the adapter connection. Keep us posted!

Well... I am old and dumb but you don't hear me braggin'....

Sorry.. couldn't resist ;lol

Reactions: jtakeman
Status
Not open for further replies.