In case you're amused by the misfortune of others...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehingd said:
How would you have your head/face the low to the stove.

I'm not sure how else to put it so I'll just say it. I was on my knees blowing at the stove.

LOL ! A warm stove and a few beers on a cold night will sucker in any of us.

Now that's just funny.
Which cuss words did you say directly afterwards?
I burn myself all the time. I have learned that an oven mitt works very well to avoid this.
I don't think they make a forehead mitt though.
Anyone here still have hair on their knuckles?

Rehingd said:

I'm not sure how else to put it so I'll just say it. I was on my knees blowing at the stove.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you at least had knee pads on!!!!!!!!!

Rehingd said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
I’m not sure how else to put it so I’ll just say it. I was on my knees blowing at the stove.

:lol:

Sorry, I was doing that tonight, too.... :lol:

You obviously have more practice since you managed not to hurt yourself. :shut:

OK I can't help it sorry. But women know better, and are always prepared.
They def know to have knee pads handy
;) HAR HAR HAR

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:
Are you guys midgets and not telling us?
Now is when I have to ask for pics of the damage
;)

Some of us don't have to stoop over to keep from bumping the ceiling. :coolsmirk: Ya know. Like that little guy that kicked your butt in high school. :lol:
How the hell can I be banging my head on the ceiling when I am referred to as the "Knuckle dragger who doesn't yet walk upright"?
;)

One thing this world does not need is pictures of my head. Besides, it's just a thin line, not a gaping hole in my skull or anything. I should have been wearing the knee pads on my head.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
I’m not sure how else to put it so I’ll just say it. I was on my knees blowing at the stove.

Sorry, I was doing that tonight, too.... :lol:

Hi. My name is Stove. Buy ya a drink? :coolgrin:

Rehingd said:
I think this guy should be added to the library of smileys. Thanks for the idea, jeffee.

I like it! It'd be great to have hearth specific emoticons.

- But I'm not touching the rest of this thread. Sorry about the burn.

Rehingd said:
One thing this world does not need is pictures of my head. Besides, it's just a thin line, not a gaping hole in my skull or anything. I should have been wearing the knee pads on my head.

LOL, thats called a hard hat or helmet.
LMAO< I am sitting here picturing BB & RE both wearing their silver suites with the hoods that the steel foundry workers use with long tongs to put each split in the stove as not to burn themselves, ON THE HEAD EVEN!!!!!!!!
LMMFAO The only few I know that need PPE to load their stoves.
;)

When I used to eat mushrooms, drink beer, and blow in the stove, I always wore a hockey helmet. Of course I always wore the hockey helmet anyway. Don't worry guys. It's just a stage for most people (certainly not all). I grew out of it and I'm sure you will to but enjoy it while you can.

No one has asked:
"Is the stove OK" ?

I'm picturing it dented and wounded.

I burnt my chin last year. I was reaching around back to turn the blower off, my knee rolled onto a piece of back and instinctively, my weight shifted forward. My chin touched the top of the stove for a split second.....Youch!

billb3 said:
No one has asked:
"Is the stove OK" ?

I'm picturing it dented and wounded.

The stove is just fine, thankfully. And the burn looks waaay better this morning than I expected. Holding that ice cube to my noggin most of last evening must have done its job. Another crisis averted.

Muck, where in SJ are you from? I'm way down in the woods below Salem city.

Generally amused, yes...but pics help a lot!!

Anyway, get well soon - as others have said Vitamin E will help some. Also my mother swears by Silvadene burn cream:

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/sil1404.htm

I had an incident with a few sparklers accidentally going off in my hand: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/4702/#50096, I used some of this burn cream and today no scars what so ever on my hand. (Well from that incident anyway)

(PS - you see how a pic helps tell the story!)

(PPS - Awww, dang it - I was hoping my 1000th post would be something insightful and historic - but here it is!)

Attachments

• carnage.JPG
    carnage.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 255
My burning score so far:

Right Hand (Before I had welding gloves, with 2 weeks of burning scraped my hand on the upper part of the Drolet stove putting wood in)
Right Arm (Trying to position wood through the top loader)
Left Foot (Stepped on the grill insert)
Forehead (while getting ash to drop through the grate from underneath touched my head on the door)

I think I need one of those full body suites the firefighters wear. :red:

Edit: I have one of those big tubs of Silvadene burn cream with a refill, it does work very well on burns.

Oh..oh...oh......nevermind

(step away from the keyboard, it won't be good.....it CAN'T be good)

Watch me not touch this thread.

:coolsmirk:
Elfin said:
Awwww!! You got branded! I really think we need to see a picture... you know, to warn those of us who might be tempted to do the same thing :)

Burns are the way your stove marks it territory!!!

Adios Pantalones said:
"In case you’re amused by the misfortune of others…"

I am. Forehead burn- that is epic! LOL

Glad you said it...video, where's the video????.

For the record...during a cold spell last year I awoke for a nighttime feeding (of the stove). I was totally sober but crispy burnt tired. Anyhow, threw the gloves on, set a piece of wood in, turned to grab another piece and BAAAAM....fell on my stove :eek:hh: . Never done it before, never done it since. Talk about going from nearly asleep to doin' the funky chicken in one nano second...sheesh. But the way I see it...at least I didn't get burnt from blowin' my stove...so there's that. :coolsmile:

woodconvert said:
at least I didn't get burnt from blowin' my stove...so there's that. :coolsmile:

OOOOOoooooooohhhhhhh.....can't.......resist........aaaarrrggghhh...

Rehingd said:
Thanks. It's not a terrible burn but you know how burn marks tend to stick around a while.

Should be fun explaining this to every person I see for the next couple of weeks. (I'd put some kind of smiley here if I knew how).

Luckily I was able to laugh at myself.

As long as folks don't think you're the Anti-Christ with the "mark of the beast" on your forehead you should be OK. :) ;)

Oh yeah . . . I do feel for ya. Burns hurt.

Beginning to wonder why I opened my big yapper... :blank:

Now it just looks like i fell asleep with my head on the corner of my desk.

Wood Pirate said:
No worries. Tonight during the initial burn of my new boiler I noticed water dripping out of a plug I put in an unused tap at the bottom of the boiler. I leaned over with an open end wrench to tighten it an put my forehead accidently up against a piece of hot 1- 1/14" copper. Hurt like hell.
Laughed at myself as well.

"When Woodstoves Strike Back"

"Revenge of the Woodstove"

Just some working titles for a proposed documentary I'm working on since it sounds like woodstoves have decided that they're tired of all of the "abuse" we've been heaping on them and now they're taking out their revenge on us. :) ;)

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:
Are you guys midgets and not telling us?
Now is when I have to ask for pics of the damage
;)

Some of us don't have to stoop over to keep from bumping the ceiling. :coolsmirk:

Altitudeinally challenged is the term...and it's a real one, don't bother looking it up. Boy, were I THAT short I think i'd have a big person drove me to Baby's R Us and lay purchase to a widdo itty bitty potty stool...

BeGreen said:
Rehingd said:
I think this guy should be added to the library of smileys. Thanks for the idea, jeffee.

I like it! It'd be great to have hearth specific emoticons.

- But I'm not touching the rest of this thread. Sorry about the burn.

We are still talking about adding more oxygen to the fire to get it started by exhaling on the flames . . . right? :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.