Installing a Different Stove to 8" Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I defer to the fellow with the hot cat. They are much more similar than I thought.

It's metal-bestos
Ok , the ceiling box and chimney should be all same brand, Right?
then do I need a black pipe increaser made by selkirk to fit into ceiling box ? Or just any brand that fits ?

HDR - they should be pretty universal for stove pipe fit but going with DBL wall you may want to ask the manufacturer prior to purchase to save some headaches.

then do I need a black pipe increaser made by selkirk to fit into ceiling box ? Or just any brand that fits ?

You 6x8 increaser should just slip right over your stovepipe adapter that already in place. Get a nice 22 gauge 3 piece reducer. The cheap 24 gauge ones can leak creasote through the seams. They aren't put together very well.

You 6x8 increaser should just slip right over your stovepipe adapter that already in place. Get a nice 22 gauge 3 piece reducer. The cheap 24 gauge ones can leak creasote through the seams. They aren't put together very well.
Don't know what U mean by 3 piece ?
HDR - they should be pretty universal for stove pipe fit but going with DBL wall you may want to ask the manufacturer prior to purchase to save some headaches.
Do U mean the chimney manufacturer or stove manufacturer?

Went and picked it up today, Lopi Republic 1750, it has a brick cracked and needs door gasket, other than that looks great, got the 1 year old $250 blower with it

chimney to stove pipe connection

it can be done with non matching components, but i suggest you get a metal bestos DSA or DSA-c and then use any increaser that makes a snug fit.

and i agree it is metal bestos pipe and ceiling support.

it can be done with non matching components, but i suggest you get a metal bestos DSA or DSA-c and then use any increaser that makes a snug fit.

and i agree it is metal bestos pipe and ceiling support.
Thanks, had a talk with a stove dealer today, showed him pics and he says metal bestos also. Got answers to many other questions also ,very nice guy.
There is probably a DSA on there, inside the existing 8" pipe.
Still didn't take it apart yet ,cleaned it out real good and was getting the Lopi cleaned up and ready.
Had to look up DSA :confused: :)
Saw some YouTube vids from A1 the other day :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.