Insulation and framing by pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

charzard431

Oct 13, 2022
USA
I'm new to having a wood stove and am concerned that the ceiling framing and insulation is currently too close to the stove pipe. I might be wrong because it's not directly against the actual pipe, but I'm looking for clarity.

20221013_082740.jpg 20221013_082721.jpg

From the square support box upward is class A chimney pipe. The Chimney pipe only needs 2" clearance from combustibles. The chimney support box maintains this clearance. On the room side is the connector stovepipe. Single wall stovepipe needs 18" clearance from combustibles, double-wall stovepipe needs 6" clearance.

Charz...... replace your single wall black pipe with double wall. You will be much happier, and safer.