IronStrike Grandview300?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SterlingSL

Nov 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Moved from a 1900sqft house that I was running a Regency i3100 insert - loved that thing. Kept the place nice and warm. Now live in a 2700sqft house with no fireplace so need to find a freestanding stove. Being 2020 you can't order anything, but I did manage to find a marked-down showroom model Grandview 300. I have not seen it in person yet as it's quite a ways away. Wondering what thoughts are on this stove? I can't find much on them, next to nothing on youtube to even look at one online.

I'm in N.Tex so not frigid cold but Texoma cold. Our new house is single-story: kitchen, living, dining are all one giant room with two doors on each side leading to the bedrooms. No hallways. The main room has a very tall ceiling, not sure how I'm ever going to get up there. Probably 25ft tall at the highest.

Wondering if this stove is even worth looking at?

This is not a good sign. I take it these stoves are a piece of chit.

No, not at all, they just don't sell as well. Part of this is due to unfamiliarity because of a name and company change. IronStrike is a relatively new brand name created by IHP when they took over Lennox's stove and fireplace business. The Grandview 300 is a fairly conventional tube stove, decently made. The main differentiating factor is the addition of a heatsink above the baffle which is intended to transfer more heat to the stovetop. It's not a new design. If you search this forum for Lennox Grandview you will find threads going back at least 10 years on this stove.