Is this a nice piece of Ash or what?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
I have split Ash with an axe and recall it splitting quite cleanly and easiliy. Now that the hyrdo's are doing the job, I am noticing this piece of wood is quite stringy. Ash or no?

Attachments

• tree29.jpg
    tree29.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 618
  • tree30.jpg
    tree30.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 574
The round on the ground looks like the ash that I have. Some pieces are stringier than others.

Will

+1 That piece on the splitter looks like maybe from the base or near a crotch. Looks a bit rough

definitely Ash. I had some green ash a couple years ago that was really stringy. I had to cycle the splitter all the way to the end to break it apart. However, most ash is really easy to split.

Looks like white ash to me too.. Good stuff!

Ray

It may be wrong to say, but what the heck . . . nice ash.

firefighterjake said:

LOL Jake thanx for saying that for me!

:lol:

Ray

Ash, like other wood can also have some stringy spots but most will split easy with an axe.

firefighterjake and raybonz - You are on the wrong forum. Back into the closet please.

firefighterjake said:

Seems to me that it should be more along the lines of " Niiiiiiice Aaaaash"....... Just sayin, you need to say it with some feeling. :p

All this talk about men's ash and wood. Sometimes even with pictures!

Flatbedford said:
All this talk about men's ash and wood. Sometimes even with pictures!

I keep waiting for my work email server to flag it and then have to explain to the IT folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.