Is this just a bent 6" Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah I have no idea without going on the roof for the clay liner, but I couldn't imagine it is that big. I wish I had someone with your with your expertise , I will have to get searching thank you for all you help.

Reactions: bholler
Yeah I have no idea without going on the roof for the clay liner, but I couldn't imagine it is that big. I wish I had someone with your with your expertise , I will have to get searching thank you for all you help.
Probably an 8x12 which is 6.5 to 7 by 10.5 to 11.

I would say you are correct, I thought my chimney was much larger, but it must shrink somewhat as it goes up the floors for the footer/support. Basement it's 6 foot wide by almost 2 1/2 feet then the first floor it's a little over 5 feet and next when I can see it in my 3rd floor attic its 38 1/2 long by 16 1/2 wide with 3.5 inch bricks is what they actually are.

I would say you are correct, I thought my chimney was much larger, but it must shrink somewhat as it goes up the floors for the footer/support. Basement it's 6 foot wide by almost 2 1/2 feet then the first floor it's a little over 5 feet and next when I can see it in my 3rd floor attic its 38 1/2 long by 16 1/2 wide with 3.5 inch bricks is what they actually are.
Yeah 3.5 is standard for modern brick. And chimneys usually step down above the fireplace.

Will an ovalized insulated liner fit in that size tile? I have the exact professional smashed install but only 16 feet tall.

Reactions: Locust99
I cleaned my chimney today with a soot eater from the bottom up with my surround off. A little bit of soot came down as I was doing that, either shaking some loose from the clay liner it was in or probably from holes in my liner I bet.

Liner is 29.5 feet long. I got probably a gallon and a half of fluffy brown creosote after a season burning non optimal wood.