Issue with Heat N Glo Gas Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allcarfan

Jan 7, 2008
GA
Good day.

I am having a little trouble with my Heat n Glo SL750TR-D fireplace.

The fireplace has been working perfectly for the past two years. I was considering adding a blower, so I plugged a lamp into the "TRANS" section of the junction box under the fireplace. I had the fire going while doing this. As soon as I plugged the lamp in (without lamp on), the fire went out. The pilot light has remained lit, but the fire will not light now. It is controlled by a switch on the wall that I SHOULD be able to just turn on and viola...flame. Unfortunately, that is now, not the case.

The lamp is no longer plugged in and I still, cannot get the flame back. No breakers were tripped. What did I do? And how do I go about fixing it? It looks like all wires are snug and tight.

Do you have the manual for this unit?

The reason that is labeled "trans" is that it is for a transformer! There are other outlets which say fan (according to manual).

That unit can be wired a number of ways. Your best bet is to download the manual and determine exactly which options yours is using. As far as your existing problem, the first order of business is to turn the pilot and everything off for an hour or so and then see what happens when you light it again. After that, look at the troubleshooting area in the back of the manual as to what might be wrong.

You probably bumped a wire under there and disconnected something. I would suggest setting up a service call. They can clean and inspect it, fix it for you, and also if you want install the blower on the same trip. Might same some money and headaches trying to fix it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.