It was terrible, just left there to rot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
So Im driving down the road and notice these btu's just laying there. Someones hard work and effort fell off the truck and now it will go to waste. Was going to run out and pick it up but the light turned green and had traffic behind me. And then laughed at what people would think of this idiot running out to save a piece of firewood. Maybe I should go back:cool: photo (6).JPG

I confess I've stopped and picked up split wood that was falling off the back of an RV - had one of those receiver cages on the back of it.
The first one I dodged in the road, then another, and another - couldn't resist it was hickory:)
I caught up to the culprit as he was going onto the interstate:eek: not sure how many wrecks he caused

Reactions: ScotO
Glad to see Im not the only one who has stopped to pick em up

That poor piece has "Take me home and burn me" written all over it.

Reactions: ScotO
Stopped and picked up a couple like that many years ago in my wife's station wagon. The next day on the way to work a big spider sauntered up on her shoulder looking at her in the rear view mirror.

Thankfully she didn't wreck the car. But I got a lecture. ;em

I've been known to stop for a piece or two. Firewood, that is.

Reactions: swagler85
Stopped and picked up a couple like that many years ago in my wife's station wagon. The next day on the way to work a big spider sauntered up on her shoulder looking at her in the rear view mirror.

Thankfully she didn't wreck the car. But I got a lecture. ;em
I'm thankful you lived to share the story. ;lol

What is that some kind of conifer? I would get it on the way home, if a fellow hearth-er hasent already.

looked like a silver maple to me
if I go back through and its there I will pick it up

Yep. stop & pick it up.
Should've had his address on it, finder's keeper's.
Also the safe concerns too. Sooner it's picked up less traffic is "ogling" & stopping to go grab it LOL :)

I always brake for logs of firewood !!!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Could be cherry, lots of that around here.

had a similar thing happen to me saturday. was goin to the shop at my work (to sharpen my axes! lol ) and on the road my shop is at was a log similar to the one in the pic. i figured id pick it up on the way back home, since i was only goin to be a few minutes at the shop. turned out i was too late, someone had already picked it up. sad day for me:(

My Craigslist ad is goin' up now:

FREE FIREWOOD
"Decent sized round of as yet undecided heritage (species), approximately 7" in diameter (maybe 6"), and 18" long (OK, maybe 16½"). Some really small knots... no big deal. This log will burn well. It's premium firewood, for sure. Moisture content unknown (but then, who cares? Am I right? Hey if it burns, it was dry enough to burn). So, come and get it...I'm sure that at ~$4.00/gal for unleaded regular, this free split of primo firewood isn't going to cost you more than ~$1.00 or so, depending on how far away you live and how long you leave your vehicle sitting there idling while you marvel at the treasure you've found before loading it up and heading home."

Capture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.