Its all got to go! 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah actually my back cut wasnt strait across if it had it would have fallen strait. Proof was in the stump.

Looking for the next set of pics/video.

Looks like you folks had a good time. I really do wish I could have been there.

MMaul said:
Yeah actually my back cut wasnt strait across if it had it would have fallen strait. Proof was in the stump.

lol didn't know if you remember that. Not a big deal on that one because of the lean it had. Follow though loner on the back cut would have landed it. Also its had to do even if you done 50 fellings or more. The crack of that locust is enough to make anyone jump. I watch the kerf of the back cut or the top of the tree. 460 would be a better saw to drop with as well just the extra hp.

I watch the kerf.

Jags said:
Looking for the next set of pics/video.

Looks like you folks had a good time. I really do wish I could have been there.

Dont think the splitter would have fit. Once we can get the trucks down there things will change...

MMaul said:
I watch the kerf.

Once you see the the kerf lift then back the trigger off. LOOK Up at the tops (This is hard to do) you may need a couple more trigger pulls.

I lifted out on the back cut on the tree hung on the hinge alot longer then I expected. Which is my fault for not making the cut straiter and staying in it a little longer.

MMaul said:
I lifted out on the back cut on the tree hung on the hinge alot longer then I expected. Which is my fault for not making the cut straiter and staying in it a little longer.

Skin it up pilgrim And we will get you another.........When where done here your going to be ready for yard birds lol

I think the second one, which is the video was perfect. Still waiting on it though.

MMaul said:
I think the second one, which is the video was perfect. Still waiting on it though.

Nothing bad wrong with that one. Just really not much of an option to move that splitter. Your only missing drops by a couple foot at 50ft.............Thats good, And only getting better everytime out! Heck perfect place to learn!

all the next one should be good for everyone to learn on nothing in the way.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
yeah and you'll have to pay me royalties to use that pic :lol:

Now that Goose pulled it, I'm a gonna' need the royalty check back . . . :lol:

Or ya can just mail me som' baked yummies :cheese:

This shows the ground a little better. The hill goes up from there lol.

Attachments

• wood lot 1.jpg
    wood lot 1.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 248
  • resize wood lot.jpg
    resize wood lot.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 261
How do you mid-Westies deal with such flat ground??

Not sure I'd want my tractor in there with MMaul doin the fellin' %-P

ISeeDeadBTUs said:

LOL a good 4x4 will not make it on this ground...A small tractor will. The pic's dont tell the whole story...The story really starts to the left of those pic's. Your tractor, we would have move the splitter and tractor.

smokinjay said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:

LOL a good 4x4 will not make it on this ground...A small tractor will. The pic's dont tell the whole story...The story really starts to the left of those pic's. Your tractor, we would have move the splitter and tractor.

still say i got both.....nice to here a turbo spool when you need it, mostly she idles through anything...

Stump_Branch said:
smokinjay said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:

still say i got both.....nice to here a turbo spool when you need it, mostly she idles through anything...

With pulling a cord of wood? It gets ugly to the left and a ditch that sucks you in.

Look at the pitch on that trailer? Thats a boat trailer with a long tounge.

COG sux on tractor, but ya gotta luv the traction and torgue. Pulling out an Aspen damaged by wind in Oct, she got hung up sideways . . . we snapped a 22" Aspen right in two.

Has the weather started out there yet??

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
COG sux on tractor, but ya gotta luv the traction and torgue. Pulling out an Aspen damaged by wind in Oct, she got hung up sideways . . . we snapped a 22" Aspen right in two.

Has the weather started out there yet??

Tractor was and still is the answer at this place....Winds are strong and Sharp 10-25mph by dusk snow and ice, and then turning for the worst Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks again smokinjay for letting me in on this.

I got the wood split, stacked and cover right when I got home.

That stuff splits wonderful, it took no time to buzz through it.

BTW who put the telephone pole in my truck... LOL guess I needed the extra weight.

mecreature said:

BTW who put the telephone pole in my truck... LOL guess I needed the extra weight.

Your welcome.....Telephone pole? sounds like a stihl ms 880 thing. lol

smokinjay said:
mecreature said:

I never did get to use that beast either. And a Big thanks to everyone else too. Good group there.

mecreature said:
smokinjay said:
mecreature said:

I never did get to use that beast either. And a Big thanks to everyone else too. Good group there.

Where going to do it again soon.....

Jags said:
MORE PICTURES

There is a couple video's that I should get tonight....Hope its the splitter shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.