It's been dry and hot here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it gets here; the rain, that is. We have 86 degrees right now; humidity 59% and dewpoint 70. Heat index is only 91 so far but going up fast.

lukem said:
Backwoods Savage said:
One thing to watch is the dewpoint. Once it gets to 70 or above that weather can feel downright awful. Our dewpoint just hit 70 and should go higher as the day progresses. I see some showers coming from the NW but I don't think any will get here.

Kinda like this? It's headin' your way Dennis.

Terre Haute International Airport
Lat: 39.46 Lon: -87.3 Elev: 575
Last Update on Jul 18, 11:53 am EDT

A Few Clouds

89 °F
(32 °C)
Humidity: 59 %
Wind Speed: W 6 MPH
Barometer: 30.10" (1018.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 73 °F (23 °C)
Heat Index: 97 °F (36 °C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.
Almost exactly the same here right now. It's 91 with dp of 75... It's not even noon yet, jeesh. Working on the hearth today, don't wanna be outside in this crap any more than I have to.

I got out yesterday and finished filling the left side of the shed. Got out there about 10:30 thinking it shouldn't be too bad. That was a mistake. Felt like I was in molasses.
Had a nice thunder boomer come through late last night, and now it's lightly raining again. Been way too dry and hot the last couple weeks, and the forecast is calling for more of that through the end of the month.
I'll continue working on getting the shed filled, just at a much slower pace, kinda like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.