It's firewood cuttin' weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Today was what I consider PERFECT weather. 20°F, snow falling, a breeze blowing the flakes around, very nice! The cows were milked, chores were done, laundry was drying by the free heat from the stove, and I headed into the woods to make more firewood!

I didn't get as much cut as I had planned though. Came in the house for a quick lunch and the phone rang. Somebody was out of wood and needed a delivery.

So, I make the firewood delivery. A little gal comes running out of the house and says; "I'm so excited! I found out I'm pregnant!"

Umm, I'm just here to deliver the firewood.......HAHA!

One of today's targets:

Sideways cutting for me but Your right Perfect weather.

We are getting hammered with sideways down pours and 60 degrees.

Nice photos! Bet that was a nice day in the woods.

basswidow said:
We are getting hammered with sideways down pours and 60 degrees.

Nice photos! Bet that was a nice day in the woods.

It was here Tuesday A.M. (60's) dont worry it will cool off real fast! lol 20's for a hi today!

How long are those splits? You seem to be cutting longer than the 16 inches I usually try for.

60's and heavy rain here to. now going straight to the low 30's and 20's over night. crazy weather.

Wood Duck said:
How long are those splits? You seem to be cutting longer than the 16 inches I usually try for.
The length of the splits is 18-16-14-20-ish! Or somewhere there abouts! Most of today's were probably about 18.

chinkapin_oak said:
heck no! 50-80 degrees is what you call cutting weather.
I cut then too. And even close to 90, if it isn't too humid. And sometimes at or below zero......

Did you deliver a load of wood to that gal a couples of months ago???????

Not today! Wow, some wild weather today. Rain all day, VERY humid in the AM. CRAZY wind from 2-5PM. Oh and about three inches of rain. I'll let it dry out a day or two and do some cutting over the weekend.

KC

This time of year I can only cut on the weekends, no daylight after work. However, I am enjoying the fruit of last years labor. Quads, enjoy your labor of love, watch out for those young women. The wood delivery guy might be the new milk man. Oh thats right you are the milk man.

Quads nice pictures and please leave that young girl alone.

zap

yes it is perfect weather for cutting
now if I only had a wood stove to burn some of it in
cut and stack to keep the property clean
and burn pellets for heat
not very good planning on my part
might get around to adding a wood stove one day

Yep good cutting weather, but I gotta get these dag on xmas decorations up first !!!!

shawneyboy said:
Yep good cutting weather, but I gotta get these dag on xmas decorations up first !!!!
I did that Saturday, while the deer hunters were still out in the woods.

quads, I also planned on cutting wood yesterday but some other chores got in the way. Was okay though because it snowed all day. We didn't get a lot but a bit more than what you show. Now I probably can't cut until Saturday because of some danged health issues we need to take care of. But I'll be out there as soon as I can.

Brrrr! 21 degrees here in southern middle Tennessee this morning. Had to put a few logs in the smoke dragon before work. Hope the Jotul comes in soon.

Anyone that has to cut when it's above 40 °F has my sympathy. Cold and snow make perfect 'gettin wood' conditions.

quads said:
So, I make the firewood delivery. A little gal comes running out of the house and says; "I'm so excited! I found out I'm pregnant!"

You know the drill Quads . . . pics or it didn't happen! For the sake of everyone, let's hope that poor child don't look like you! :grrr:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Anyone that has to cut when it's above 40 °F has my sympathy. Cold and snow make perfect 'gettin wood' conditions.

quads said:

You know the drill Quads . . . pics or it didn't happen! For the sake of everyone, let's hope that poor child don't look like you! :grrr:
LoL, I thought the same thing when he said that, why else would she come out telling him she's pregnant? (J/K Quads)

I also agree with you about cold weather cutting. I love to be in the timber, and I absolutely love a cold calm day, maybe some flurries, but nothing major (as long as the ground isn't slippery). I don't always get out in the winter to cut, but it's nice to have the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.