Jotul 602 Is it original?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MurkyMurloc

Oct 14, 2021

I was looking for some stove to buy and found this Jotul... then I found info about a lot of knockoffs ;/ Seller says it is brand new piece, just stood few years in basement. Price is same as used ones so I was wondering if it looks like original?
yyy.PNG

Yup. Nice find if the price is good.

Reactions: MurkyMurloc
Seller is asking 240$. I don't know if it is good price there are not many of those where I live. And dealers around me do not sell those anymore so I can't compare. They got only newer model with glass windows and horrendous prices ;D

There are internal burn plates on these stoves, they are a wear items and will eventually burn up and warp. If they are in good shape its good deal if they are missing or warped or wore out they are available but will obviously raise the overall cost. Run it without burn plates and the exterior side walls will crack.

With proper operation it takes several years to wear out the burn plates. Make sure they are in place in the stove with the baffle seated on top. $240 is a steal for this stove, especially if really new. In the right market it would be selling for $500-700 in new condition at this time of year. It's not the most efficient stove, but a willing little heater.

Seller is asking 240$. I don't know if it is good price there are not many of those where I live. And dealers around me do not sell those anymore so I can't compare. They got only newer model with glass windows and horrendous prices ;D
Well there are many more differences between that one and the new ones than just a glass door. But yes if the internals are in good shape that is a really good price.

Seller removed ad after I asked if it is really new or maybe renewed... oh well. I will keep looking for something else.
Anyway thanks for the response!

Seller removed ad after I asked if it is really new or maybe renewed... oh well. I will keep looking for something else.
Anyway thanks for the response!
It would still be a great price used

Given the big run up of natural gas prices and expected run up of heating oil, my guess is a lot of folks will be looking for good cheap stoves (unless they are in compliance area that requires new stoves). BTW a basic modern EPA wood stove can be had at Home Depot and other places for around $1000 bucks. They will be more efficient that most used stoves but not as tolerant to damp wood.

Yes, we are in a snooze ya lose market right now. Supplies are tight and demand is high, even for new stoves.