jotul F600 insulation blanket replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

King_Villie

Mar 21, 2021
South Africa
I've have just removed and replaced my air chamber in my Jotul F600 and somehow managed to damage the insulation blanket slightly. I would like to know if I am able to cut out a new one from the piece of ceramic blanket which is normally used when insulating the space where the flues pass through the wall? Or are these blankets sold only by Jotul

I know the blanket is about 3/4 inch thick , but is there a specific density of ceramic blanket I might need to look out for?

thanks in advance

Slight damage may be ok if not badly compromised. Yes, you can get kaowool (ceramic wool) in batt or roll form. Match the thickness.

Thanks for responding.. much appreciated . Im doing a refurb. on on a used unit which is in very good nick, but this is all new to me. Im down to the last few bits and I'll be good to go.. your advice is much appreciated .. thanks