Jotul Series 8 parts list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafter77

Dec 6, 2015
Texas
We recently acquired a Jotul Series 8 stove. The glass was broken, so I'm ordering a replacement, but also need to know about gaskets etc to be sure we install correctly. Does anyone have advice of exactly what we need? There is also what appears to be a rope inside (assuming it's made out of fireproof material). I'm thinking it may be a gasket of some sort. Any ideas? This is the one with the catalytic so any additional advice on what we may need to check before firing it up would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I think the AP stands for the ashpan model. It still would have a C for catalytic at the end of its model designation if a cat stove. The main difference was that that early models had the round add-on cat and the later models (8TDIC) had the rectangular cat. Here is the manual for the later model and the basic 8. It has the ashpan addendum and lists the gasket specs.
http://jotul.com/us/guides/_attachment/12826?_ts=13e1d39a431

T
I think the AP stands for the ashpan model. It still would have a C for catalytic at the end of its model designation if a cat stove. The main difference was that that early models had the round add-on cat and the later models (8TDIC) had the rectangular cat. Here is the manual for the later model and the basic 8. It has the ashpan addendum and lists the gasket specs.
http://jotul.com/us/guides/_attachment/12826?_ts=13e1d39a431
Thanks you! Ours has the rectangular cat, so the latter model. I have the manual, but it doesn't show the parts list. I have a parts list also, but can barely read it. Now that it's apart, we know what we need so hopefully will be good.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.